Aeros firmware 3.1.x

Thanks @DavidPackouz.

I assume you still have some work to improve the WiFi update code this on Aeros (not the server)?

Based on the reported issues, there seem to be several places where the Aeros could have handled this better … even if the server was misbehaving. In fact, the Aeros should assume the server is misbehaving when downloading (with retries) and upon “successful” download or SDCard insert (verify the file).

Good news is it seems like you have some safeguard that allowed the Aeros to revert the update, but I wonder if the device could have been bricked in other circumstances.

Also some of these issues of stuck downloads sound very similar to issues from prior updates that were attributed to local wifi issues. Hard for me to say, but hoping you now understand this well enough to prevent recurrences of the server side issue.

@Quad we are working on a system to prevent future issues of this type. We realize that the one thing that has to always be rock solid is the update system so we’re going to make it a lot more robust to prevent future issues.

1 Like

You are correct. We will correct our documentation. Thanks for catching this.

2 Likes

Here is the correct spec for this

// All values in HEX
2/4: F0 - 7F - 7F - 03 - 02 - 04 - 02 - 02 - 18 - 08 - F7
3/4: F0 - 7F - 7F - 03 - 02 - 04 - 03 - 02 - 18 - 08 - F7
4/4: F0 - 7F - 7F - 03 - 02 - 04 - 04 - 02 - 18 - 08 - F7
5/4: F0 - 7F - 7F - 03 - 02 - 04 - 05 - 02 - 18 - 08 - F7
3/8: F0 - 7F - 7F - 03 - 02 - 04 - 03 - 03 - 18 - 08 - F7
6/8: F0 - 7F - 7F - 03 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 03 - 18 - 08 - F7

The “number of MIDI clocks in a metronome click” (18) and “number of notated 32nd notes in a MIDI quarter note” (08) are never used by the looper.

Dev gave me this to explain

const uint8_t defaultTempoSysExHeader[] = {
        0xF0, // Universal Real Time SysEx header byte 0
        0x7F, // Universal Real Time SysEx header byte 1
        0x7F, // Id of the target default == 7f [all]
        0x03, // Sub-ID#1 = Notation Information
        0x02, // Sub-ID#2 = Time Signature - Immediate
        0x04, // Byte to come (always 4 in our case)
    };
    // Byte #6 -- Numerator
    int32_t numerator= m_systemExclusiveMessage[6];
    // Byte #7 -- Denominator
    int32_t denominator;
    switch (m_systemExclusiveMessage[7]){
    case 0:
        denominator = 1;
        break;
    case 1:
        denominator = 2;
        break;
    case 2:
        denominator = 4;
        break;
    case 3:
        denominator = 8;
        break;
    case 4:
        denominator = 16;
        break;
    default:
        // Ignore invalid value / dont' change the time signature
        return;
    }
2 Likes

I had to guess all that for myself… :exploding_head:

But hey, it wasn’t that difficult after all.

Yeah !! :drum::drum: +1 for an open source firmware :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Just wanted to say thanks for all the new features and fixes. I’m finally enjoying the BeatBuddy-Aeros-MidiMaestro purchases I made numerous months ago. I’m also testing Ed_Saxman’s BeatBuddy MIDI Controller which runs on MIDI Designer Pro. It looks very promising as well. Now my only problems are MIDI routing as I have the following equipment in addition to the Singular Sound products:

1. Yamaha DTX Multi 12 Drum Pad
  2. Yamaha MX49 Keyboard Synth
  3. Line 6 Helix FX Stomp
  4. Line 6 Helix FX Effects
  5. Beat Buddy
  6. AEROS Loop Studio
  7. MIDI Maestro

I found a fantastic MIDI Kill Switch for $20 which allows me to quickly turn off the MIDI communication between various MIDI products when using the MIDI Maestro to manage BeatBuddy and AEROS. I think once the IOS Maestro App is available I can probably make some custom changes to resolve my issues but here is the link for the MIDI Kill Switch which helps dramatically while waiting for the MIDI Maestro IOS App:

http://www.midi-up.com/products/midi-kill-switch/

2 Likes

@BillCoplin iOS app is available now, if you have more questions private message me so we don’t divert the topic, thanks!

1 Like

Link?

Hi SS team
How close are we to the lock track release?
Looking forward to this milestone!

2 Likes

Close! Dev is handling corner cases mostly, tested version is functioning at almost full capacity! Stay tuned!

5 Likes

UPDATED(see below)
Original post: The wifi update is not working for me. It’s giving me “error code: 0” and is telling me to insert a valid update file using the SD card.

I would rather not have to fire up the desktop. Am I missing something?

UPDATE: I tried the update, got the error code, and rebooted. I tried again. Same result. The third time, I said “no” to the update, and instead went through the menu to update rather than use the automatic prompt. That worked like a charm. I’m now on version 3.1.18. (Now if I could just figure out how to loop with this thing! )

Hey, I’m glad you were able to get it working! We are trying to nip this issue in the bud, we’re hoping for a more stable release for lock tracks!

Question, what version was your unit on prior to updating?

I’m sorry, but I have no idea what the version was before I updated. The Aeros just tells me that an update is available, so I update.

It’s ok, just checking

Hello, I just started following this forum. Does anyone know if you are able to change the value of the button on the Akai MPK261. I am currently trying to Mute/Unmute my tracks but the switches on the MPK261 are automatically set to 0 and 127. So when I set it to CC38 it just does the mute/unmute all tracks instead of the individual tracks. Can anyone help me fix this problem. I’m also new to this midi thing so I apologize if this is an easy fix

I also have an Akai controller, but I don’t use it to control Aeros. It appears you are correct that the buttons will only toggle 0/127 to a CC. I don’t see any way to change that on the controller.

You could use an app to translate the default values to the correct values before transmitting them to the Aeros. I use Midi Designer Pro on iPad to translate incoming signals to appropriate values before sending to Aeros and other devices. There are similar apps on other platforms that will do the same thing. This requires adding another device to your setup, but I don’t know of another way to use those buttons to mute specific tracks without translating via hardware of some kind.

so i demoed a product in store with this latest alpha firmware and I was sold on its capability, for me I was using a teyun a4 mixer and could lock one track perfectly and then that locked track can undo and redo and then moving from part to part was a breeze and then moving through the tracks was also a breeze double click on the new track to cancel and then select the first track and keep moving - really good, the only thing I am interested in does the unit have batteries inside? also if it doesn’t or even if it does does it operate on a harley benton 9volt negative centre powerbank from thomann.de? as it draws 360mA and the rc505 which operates on it draws 420mA?

and the double click on the stop button or hold sorry to delete the whole track just heaven