Aeros firmware 3.1.x

Hi there,

No, the Aeros does not run on batteries, it can run on any 9 V adapter that is center negative, it needs at least 360mA to run.

1 Like

it is already released in alpha 3.2 works like a charm the other day

Hi, I work for years with Rockboard LT XL Power Banks. RC505 did well with them, Aeros does even better. BB works also, however the stability with older cause issues.

I would like to do the same thing Cowboy is describing. I didnā€™t see any replies to his post. Any suggestions for me and Cowboy?

Probably because you didnā€™t create a dedicated topicā€¦
The post is in an outdated firmware announcement/review topic which has nothing to do with the actual request even if legit (and even if it was posted when the topic was active). Those (announcement) topics typically have a short life (duration of the release).

I suggest you have a look at the forum rules if you want to ensure your questions do not remain unanswered.

Hi, Iā€™ve just read this entire thread and Iā€™m having a hard time figuring this out, Iā€™ve always thought this was basic stuff in a midi looper but I have a feeling Aeros cannot start recording and/or overdubbing a specific track through MIdI CC? I understand the song part workflow and creating the tracks on the spot, but as an live artist, I donā€™t wanna be mixing and panning my tracks as I go, Iā€™m already singing, playing guitar, keyboards and pads, I just want to execute the playing and press the minimum amount of midi button as I can. In the studio I can adapt but in a live act I need to format and rely. Am I confused? when I change song part sometimes i need to bring in pre recorded track(s), take some tracks out then bring them back. I really want to buy this looper but it needs to work for me :slight_smile: sorry i know this is a bit off topic but Im wondering if this is in the pipeline?

I suggested in a email with SS if I record the tracks with silence in order to pre create the tracks, that way i could pre configure each track, but then I need to reach overdub for each track over Midi CC individually? do we have CC for that?

There is no CC to overdub in the current midi implementation.

As another multi-instrumental looper, I know exactly what you mean. I have to be able to fully control the looper while away from the looper. Iā€™m currently getting into the swing of using an audio interface and Mac looper app, but my Boomerang isnā€™t leaving the pedalboard until Iā€™m sure the software solution is rock solid. Hopefully there will be a more complete midi implementation (and reverse track for me) in a future update.

what looper app r u trying? the quantiloop?

I own Quantiloop on iPad, plus others, but LiveLoop on Mac is the only app that meets all of my requirements, plus adds a lot of stuff I didnā€™t even think of. There is nearly 0 documentation and the video ā€˜tutorialsā€™ are just barely enough to get you going, but it is crazy good after you get it figured out. Up to 16 tracks (8 stereo), reverse on every track (required by me), pitch and speed change per track, start/end trim per track, pre- and post-effects for each channel, effects pre-MAIN-out, midi-mapping for all important controls, etc. The developer is obviously a programmer who decided to make his own looper software exactly the way he wants it. If you see the Youtube video of ā€˜isorhythmic loopingā€™ youā€™ll see what I meanā€¦what looper provides for isorhythmic looping?!? Edit to mention: Itā€™s also available for Windows.

I agree in live looping no mixing is required that being said it would be nice to pre mix tracks like the rc505 could do with presets

Thereā€™s a known issue when the external clock doesnā€™t match the recorded clock.

1 Like

Thanks, Iā€™ll try again by matching both clocks to each other first.

Hello yes, mismatches are still a pesky problem, I replied to you elsewhere about this, but we hope to improve this and even eventually allow Aeros to change tempos, but thatā€™s a ways away.

so is there a way to delete all without "playtingā€™ the 1
st note?

Currently not if you have the Play Stop All button on the Press instead of the Release, we hope to better address this first with MIDI and then with an improved hands-free system

2 Likes

Come on @DavidPackouz. How many more people do you expect to suffer through this bug before you make the default setting for Play/Stop All be ā€œOn Releaseā€. Itā€™s a small change of little consequence to those who already have an Aeros or those new people who care about that buttonā€™s timing (and will find the setting to fix it). Beginning to feel bad I ever mentioned this approach.

1 Like

@Quad the problem with making the default ā€˜releaseā€™ is that then the timing feels off for when you want to start the playback on the downpress. So itā€™s a tradeoff. We figured that in a live playing scenario, it is better to be on time when starting playback and suffer with the snippet of sound being played when clearing a song - especially since there is a (non-ideal) workaround of lowering the master volume before clearing a song. As I mentioned elsewhere, we do plan on making a better hands-free song management system which will solve this issue.

Is there a way to enter the song selection screen without bending down and using the touch screen? I discovered once Iā€™m there the scroll wheel can be used to select a song (plus a foot switch press). Also, will a song ever load faster in the future?