Aeros Firmware 4.1.x

Good point, this must have been missed in a spec somewhere, we will be looking into getting the Aeros to only select a part with CC113 value 1-6 and not transition to it until it receives CC113 value 0.

Remember we had to redo all commands from scratch for the MIDI engine revamp, that’s why it’s suddenly different. We will fix this soon!

Thanks for reporting!

Hey again, thank you for taking videos

I cannot reproduce where the sync is off and the Aeros is not connected to anything and the click starts drifting. Is it possible the Aeros is still receiving clock even though it says off? Could you physically remove the MIDI cord from the back and see if the issue persists? Thanks!

Am I correct that the issues you are reporting are:

1. The internal click of the Aeros is not playing back correctly even though my MIDI sync says off if I open and close the mixer
  2. The internal click of the Aeros drops out and acts oddly when I try to open the mixer while sync is on
  3. The tracks are losing sync with the click when following clock and opening/closing the mixer
  4. The tracks are losing sync with each other when opening and closing the mixer

I was able to verify 2, 3, and 4, but 1 no. Could you please tell us more about the MIDI chain you have and what is sending clock? What steps do you follow to achieve 1?

This only is happening when the mixer opens and closes?

Let me know thanks!

Please let me know if what I mentioned above applies to you and if I missed anything, thanks!

Appreciate the input guys

Aeros firmware version 4.1.2 is now an official version and is available for updating over WIFI. Updated manuals have been added to the original post.

3 Likes

FINALLY getting around to using the new Firmware. It’s been a busy month! Thanks for the effort put into this.

The documentation for CC:102 (Transition Immediately) shows an acceptable value range of 0-32. What are all the values for?

Hello, just to make sure you are aware of this. The manual and midi function excel sheet says that the CC113 value 0 complete the transition when used in 6X6… which is no longer true since version 4.1. The Aeros on firmware 4.1.2 moves to the next loop section without the CC 113 value 0 command and no longer behave accordingly to the immediate, end of measure or end of loop setting. I have open a case on this, provided a video and went back to the previous version to perform my last shows. As I saw the official 4.1.2 release I was under the impression that this basic and initial aeros functionnality had been brought back. Nope … now going back to version 4.0 again. keep rockin

Hi Brennan,
I’m not smart, nor technical :woozy_face: and I have just óne question.
I have a BB and the Aeros. Is song select a quick way to find a song on the Aeros and can I use it, or do I need a extra controller……Two question actually. :grin:

Thank’s for the support

@BrennanSingularSound I’ve kept the Aeros hooked up to a midi clock so I haven’t experienced it sans midi, but it does 2-4 frequently, as well as popping and clicking (midi), (which is a bit jarring during ambient sets!). Thanks Brennan!

the BeatBuddy can have up to 32 parts, I believe value 0 is no longer a used value by the BB as of 3.9.x, now it always sends a value corresponding to part #

Yes, thank you for reporting the issue is solved internally and we will ha ve a patch out asap, likely monday.

Thanks for your patience

1 Like

For now you would need a controller but we are working on a BB version that will be able to send it’s own song select so you could use the two units without a master controller to choose the songs.

Stay tuned!

Thanks for reporting, we have a patch that has improved this drastically, it is not 100% fixed but will be worked on more for the following release. This patch will likely be ready monday.

Thanks for your patience

Does Aeros ignore values above 6 or does it map them to the available 6 parts?

Hi Brennan, that would be great!!

Looking forward to it! I appreciate you guys being on top of it!

1 Like

It doesn’t ignore them but they do not have a different effect than any of the other cc102 commands. Mapping would require UI and it seems like it’s a feature of its own.

*I edited this I realize I may have wrote something confusing

1 Like

Roger that. So the documentation should be updated to list only values 1-6 if that’s all the device recognizes.

Not exactly, the Aeros does respond to all the values 0-32

Okay, I guess I missed something then. How exactly is it meant to respond to messages 7 - 32?

In 6x6, if a part that is not the current part is selected, the Aeros will transition to it immediately.

In 2x2, the part will always switch to the other part immediately when receiving this command.

Thanks, let’s see if I understand.

In 2x2, if it receives any command between 0-32, it transitions to the other part immediately, but if it receives 33-127 it does nothing.

In 6x6, it only transitions if values 1-6 are received, and only if the value is different from the current one it is on.

Not exactly, 0-32 all have the same behavior on the Aeros, it does not matter what value is being sent

This is missing an extra feature like the one you describe where the Aeros can know from the BB what part to transition to.

CC102 really is not meant to be used by users on it’s own, it is just the command that is sent by the BeatBuddy that allows the Aeros to switch parts when the BB does.

The behavior is best described by the online doc:

Changes song parts in 2x2 immediately. In 6x6, it will change song parts if a different song part than the one currently playing is selected. Please note: This command overrides the ‘Change Parts: End of Loop’ setting. This command is sent by the BeatBuddy by default when it changes parts. If currently recording, the Aeros will respect any Sync rules and/or finish the measure (in quantized mode).

Aeros Firmware Version 4.1.5 has been uploaded to wifi. Original post in this thread has been updated.

Changelog

Bug Fixes:

• CC:113 values 1-6 now only select part and require CC113 value 0 to start the transition, this is the same logic as in previous versions to 4.0.2
  • Improved click and loop playback bug when opening the mixer and receiving external clock
2 Likes