Aeros Firmware 4.2.x

I play around 3 hours
No bugs
All works as expected
No cut/lags between the loops
Reverse work fine
Next track work fine , but not in 2X2 (could be fine to switch between the track and use the reverse)
Fade works good but to short (need time option like the Pigtronix 0 to 9 sec)
No crashes with the Maestro, all the commands works fine
French translation on the screen is pretty good
French translation of the manual is pretty good (I don’t read all )

We had to wait a long time, but the result is conclusive and that’s the main thing. I would say on the way for the following !

Good job guy’s ! :+1: :love_you_gesture:

6 Likes

@BrennanSingularSound
Would it be possible to create a midi command to activate/de-activate the fade out feature? I love that it’s finally here but since some songs require a fade and others don’t, it is cumbersome in between songs to bend down, go to the home page, scroll down to that command and change the settings.

Because it is a global setting, rather than song specific I ask this question and make this request.

Thanks

3 Likes

+1 on this!

Works good, so far. Nice job, folks.

Should allow for longer fade times, and having fades be a global instead of song-based is a bit of a pain in the ass, and requires a lot more menu diving. In the context of a live performance, that’s definitely not cool.

1 Like

The fade time depend what you decide
You can make it long or short or middle
The fade have the same length as your track
ex:
All your tracks are in 4 measures = the fade gonna take the the 4 measure to fade out if you press the stop just after the begin of your loop
Let we suppose that your loop take 8 seconds, if you trigger the stop just AFTER the begin of your loop
the fade gonna take 8 seconds (it’s a lot)
If you want it shorter than trigger the stop in the middle of your loop (Measure 2) the fade gonna take 4 seconds
Now the trick is that you have just ONE TRACK with 8 measures. In this case the fade out take the time of the longest loop that mean 16 seconds if you press after the begin of the loop with 8 measures (that’s long)
It’s just another way to work, just a little bit practice
Now it depend of the speed of your song too
But If you make just one track longer the fade out take this lenght to fade out

Now I understand that the global setting can be painful
It’s a bit of a management

But I know that Singular Sound do the best they can to satisfy the users

1 Like

That’s great if you have an 8 bar loop. To diminish monotony on the listeners part, I attempt to build my song as expeditiously as possible and many times where I want to end a song there is only a one or two bar loop which makes for a really fast fade.

1 Like

Sound like we need a setting that will make fade work across multiple full loops, because short loops are pretty important to live looping to create interest quickly and reduce repetition.

JusDandy knows what he’s talking about.

1 Like

Agree. My favorite and most popular looping composition ends with a 1 bar loop and is that way precisely because I build the tracks live with loops that are the minimal size possible.

1 Like

If Firmware 4.2.4 is out, why does the Aeros not find it as an update?

David

Pretty sure it’s a beta version for now, so you have to download it and install it manually per the directions above. Once it’s deemed good from the folks who test it, SS will release it on WiFi and the Aeros will “see” it.

2 Likes

Correct, 4.2.4 is in beta currently, likely after this weekend we can make it live given there are no critical and reproducible issues reported!

Looking good so far :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Yeah, that’s not what I want, but thanks.

Yes, I stoped using it for a bit glad to see fade on the update, my update fails, thinking about just getting a new SD for the update so I have a backup, do you sell pre loaded SD with versions or should I just find one on Amazon? Card recommendation?

Just get the fastest SD card (10) and follow the instructions (found at the top of this thread). You’ll be so glad you did.

Is there a manual update with 4.2.4? - 4.1.5 is the current yes?

Manual update for the beta version:

You can read more about it in the first post of this thread.

2 Likes

Ok thats nice, so with the midi maestro, will it have a bit more dynamic control, I kind of pictured creating a page on the maestro something like…

track 1 (page) “Side question can this be a selected track so I don’t have to create a page for each?”
button row one: instant mute / unmute --|-- fade in/out end of measure. --|-- fade in/out end of loop
button row two: back a page. --|-- fade in/out end of two measures. --|-- fade in/out end of three measures.

That way you can chose to fade out fast, slow or on the spot, I have not looked at what midi maestro will have with the update but, I hope there is something like this we can program the maestro to set more of the options, maybe even override the default settings on the aeros if needed, I can go more in-depth if needed, just started playing with it and that my first impression response, sorry if these things are already there, I guess if there is a manual update it will be in that, thanks great work, love seeing fade on there!

You likely need to update the midi doc:

These are missing from that doc:
CC:46, Value:0: reverse
CC:41, Value:103: Next Track

And what are these exactly:
“CC38 fix”: Which CC38 value is affected? what was the behavior before the fix and after the fix?
“Fixed CC:113 to only select part”: Which CC:113 value is affected? what was the behavior before the fix and after the fix?

Thank you very much!

Hey there, thanks for the request

We will not be complicating it this much, sorry to say. We are probably going to be making MIDI mute fade commands to allow fading to mute even when fade to mute is off in the settings, but we do not plan on allowing the length of the fade to be set via MIDI. It will follow the Mute settings for Immediate, End of Measure, or End of Loop.

We are however looking into allowing a timer from 1-9 seconds in addition to an auto setting (which is how it behaves now) to follow mute length, but we do not plan on making this manipulable on the fly.

Thank you, this is done

As it behaved in version 4.0.1, the CC113 command should not start a stopped song from a stopped state, but it should be allowed to change the currently selected part so the user can start the part from stopped manually or with MIDI start command. In version 4.1.5 there was a bug where if you sent a CC113 command while in a stopped state, the Aeros would not actually change the part you currently had open.

The change in CC38 is to make it behave correctly as it did in 4.1.5 previous to the beta 4.2.0, this was not an official version and thus the specifics are not necessary to disclose other than as a reference for users who may have tried 4.2.0. No user reported this bug to us, it was found internally.

If you notice any issues with CC:38 in 4.2.4 you can report it to us, thanks.

Aeros Firmware 4.2.4 is now an official version and has been released for download over the WIFI.

We have updated the Aeros Manual and the Aeros Manual - Printer Friendly Version (no background colors to use up your ink).

Video showing the new features will be released next week.

New Aeros beta firmware 4.3.0 coming soon!

3 Likes