Aeros Firmware 4.2.x

Hello –
Why is the manual labeled Firmware 4.1.5?

My apologies - the links have been fixed

2 Likes

Works very nice!
Thank you guy’s !
I jus saw today, that you can cancel the fade out ! with a switch press! nice too

1 Like

Aeros restarting midway through download and then just hangs on the splash screen.
Turning device off and on (to once again get to the “New update avail via wifi” dialog) results in same experience. Have tried numerous times.

If I don’t update upon starting Aeros (ie: “no” at the update dialog), prior firmware and behavior seems in tact.

Hello,

I am sorry to hear that this is happening. So far, no other users are reporting this issue via WIFI, you may have a poor connection and/or the Aeros requires a better position to read the WIFI. Please, if you can, try moving the Aeros as close to your router as possible and try again, or follow the steps in the original post to do this manually with an SD card.

Please write to support@singularsound.com with your issue if it persists so we can further assist you, thanks for reporting!

Thanks for the response.

Moved Aeros physically next to the wifi router, same issue.
Was able to load firmware onto Aeros manually via sd card and update firmware successfully.

What do we expect is the issue? I’d like to make sure it’s not hardware related or something else faulty, so I can get a new physical device if nec and/or avoid this in the future.

Are there logs you’d like me to send?

Thanks

All you need to do is get in contact with support and they will handle it from there, thanks

done, thanks

Is the .xlsx ok for 4.2.4?

I guess Yes, because you can see the 4.2.4 on the right column

1 Like

That file if it’s the same one linked from here https://www.singularsound.com/pages/support looks to be the old version, will this be updated?

Do you mean the firmware link? Yes we can update this, this thread is the current thread for the official firmware.

Go back to the top to download 4.2.4 manually.

Yes, this has been updated

From the latest manual:

But based on the latest firmware,

this would need to be updated in the manual. :wink:

Thanks

+1

Same is happening for me. Tried numerous times. Am close to router.

Ran diagnostics. Download from sigul

Cur 10338 kb/s.
Avg 5242 kb/s

The splash screen will suddenly appear after Downloading update progress bar appears and incrementalally updates for a bit. I’ve seen it get to 56% and then splash screen. Also seen it show splash screen around 30%

It fails at random % every time. I’ve tried a dozen times at least

Tried with and without sd card

FINALLY SUCCESS. Took about 20 tries.

I gave up after about 10 times failing via wifi and got it to update firmware using sd card.
Just ran wifi diagnostic too and didn’t get any error message.
Have shared a screenshot of this with support.

Seems as though this is likely related to wifi hardware on the Aeros. Wonder if we should be replacing the unit to address this…waiting to hear back from support, but any thoughts welcome.

Hi,
Is there a CC to lock a track?
I couldn’t find a command in the list.
I’d like to lock a track hands free while in the middle of a song.
Thanks

No there is not
but you can lock it to go on the mixer page of the Aeros (hold left switch)
select the track to lock
press and hold the left switch you will see “lock” and than press and hold again to lock the track