Aeros Firmware 5.0.x

same with me with the volume but exerything else is good so far
only once in awhile the volume on the master zeros out and i just crank it back up and all good
it has only done this maybe 3 time and i did the download couple days after it was released
excellent update
thanx

Please do not use all caps when posting to the forum as it’s considered as rudeness.

1 Like

broken caps button and message was anything but rude
still broken in case you take this a rude

I’m thinking you need a new keyboard :rofl:

Now that’s rude.

1 Like

Thanks for reporting we will look into this

Good to know!

Thanks for reporting we will look into this

Mixer opens the mixer
Switch RPO changes the RPO setting to ROP or vice versa
Undo undoes the track
Mute mutes the track
Reverse reverses the track
Solo solos the track
Fade to mute makes the track fade and then mute
Lock track locks the track
Unlock track unlocks the track if it is locked

You must create the first album in the SD card if your SD was previously empty

Are you saying you had music on there that did not convert after clicking yes on the pop up?

You can move songs from the songs page, go inside any album and you can press and hold the right button to enter multiselect mode. This way you can select all the songs you’d like to move in the album.

Once you have them selected, press the middle button Move

This will show you a screen with all the albums in the current device, press the middle button, ‘SD Card’, to change the memory device and choose the album you would like to move it to.

If an album does not exist on your SD, then you must make one and then finish moving the songs

I know this is a lot we are working on documentation and videos!

We do not currently have plans to make the font any bigger in the songs list, but we are open to it possibly if there are enough people having issues with it.

Yes, the Aeros as transmitter has a setting (midi>midi out) called Transition which will send the CC113 commands necessary to transition BB

Note! You have to have Bb transition forgiveness turned on for this to work! This is available in beta 4.1.3.

No this should not happen, are your converted songs loading correctly? Are any missing?

What does you SD look like inserted to computer? Is it messy in any way? We’re there any files that were not song folders on your SD prior to to the conversion?

Please let me know and send me a screenshot of your SD contents if you can

Are you sure you are not setting the auto record threshold (settings>behavior) too low? Make sure you leave enough room to not let noise (like when a distortion pedal is on) trigger the auto record

This is already possible, just make sure that on top of setting the song to freeform you also have sync tracks off

Make sure to save the settings before loading a track in.

You will have to repeat the process for loading a backing track in for each track

Only one can load in at once

Please make sure you have the MIDI out of the Aeros connected to the IN end of the MIDI breakout cable

Aeros midi out > BB midi in

1. Aeros is meant to control BB, so now if you want a count in you should do it on the Aeros. We also do not suggest having an intro or count in on the BeatBuddy it should go straight to the main beat once it receives MIDI Start. This is the reality of Aeros being the master, if you wish to have intros on BB you would likely best get the behavior you want by having it as master.
  2. Remember the Bb midi out should no longer be connected to the Aeros midi input, it is not possible to have the BeatBuddy control the Aeros if the Aeros is master

The Aeros can send midi song select messages now, this is how you would go about this

This is a different way of using the two pedals everything is reversed

This should work this way already the Aeros sends a CC113 command with a value equal to the part it is transitioning to, this should make the BeatBuddy transition to that part with the Aeros

If this is not the case for you, could you please send support@singularsound.com a video of what you mean so we can investigate?

Thank you

Try muting all the tracks in the Aeros

CC:38 value 127

This is the reality of Aeros being master, you cannot also have BB controlling Aeros it’s just how it will work in this setup, consider muting on the Aeros like mute pause on the BB

The Aeros does not need to send a transition command if you are sending a transition command to both units. You likely are doubling the commands.

If you need the behavior from the Aeros which is more useful (EOL part switching) send a transition command only the Aeros responds to (like CC:113 value 101-106) or a normal cc on a midi channel the BB is not listening to and then the Aeros will control the BB itself

You may have overthought on this, please try my suggestions and see if that fixes your issue.

Thanks!

Something to consider, maybe you can make a feature request on it

Could you please send us a video of what you mean?

It would be very helpful if you turn on the Active Logger (settings>diagnostic) before you attempt to make the video showing us this behavior. Please have the SD inserted before activating the logger for this to work

Once you do this please send the video and logs to support@singularsound.com along with any Information you can give us

If you could zip the song from your SD (shows up as a folder) and send that to us that would also be helpful.

Thanks for reporting!

We have noticed this it may be related to the EXP pedal’s newly available behavior

We are investigating

If you can have this happen while you have the active logger and a video going that would be excellent, too

If you could follow my above instructions for reporting a reproducible issue using the active logger please do so and send the contents to support@singularsound.com

Thanks

Broken or not it is still against the forum rules please try using an online case converter to make your text lowercase, it’s very easy and will keep your posts from breaking any forum rules :slight_smile: I took the liberty of doing so for your last posts

Let’s stay civil all, we are all here to have fun, share, and grow with this awesome looper!

Thanks so much for all your feedback !

4 Likes

Still no luck with auto record. Have tried various level settings in setup threshold. With Beat buddy initiating, before starting beat buddy, Aeros displays ARM on both tracks. When Beat buddy starts and
plays an intro, Aeros waits the 4 beats and then starts recording -track 1 begins recording with no input , and track 1 switches display to “Play”, track 2 display switches to “RECORD”. If I skip the beat buddy, and start Aeros, both tracks switch display from “Arm” to “RECORD”

1 Like

Nice and very good vid.

1 Like

ARM works fine without using beat buddy, does Aeros need to be the MIDI master for this to work - i.e running beat buddy but not recording a track until you exceed the threshold?

Hello Brennan, I was able to capture the problem on video after enabling diagnostics. I have sent the video, diagnostic file and song files to support@singularsound.com as you requested. Thanks!

If I remember.
When I did this video, the Beatbuddy was Master.

Blockquote

We do not currently have plans to make the font any bigger in the songs list, but we are open to it possibly if there are enough people having issues with it.

Blockquote
Hey Brennan and the Team,
I feel this should be considered one way or the other. I appteciate there are limitations and factors at play but any increase no matter how small it is helps.No everyone has the gift of good vision. It should not be down to the amount of people requesting it. The lack of forethought in this regard is not unusual in fact the norm.
Music is inclusive.
Every little helps as they say.

2 Likes

Hello @BrennanSingularSound Brennan
We mean this issue . i send a email on SS support month ago with the 5 active logs.
I was making a video about the Aeros and this issue happen suddently again
Take a look a 6.40 minutes and let’s play, you will see the Master slider drop to zero suddently

I can not reproduce this , because it’s happen suddently, I get this issue a lot of time.
No pedal is connected to the Aeros and Midi Maestro.

tx

did you start the beat buddy from the MIDI Master or the beat buddy itself? Is there a setting in the beat buddy that could be triggering the Aeros to begin recording, instead of waiting for signal above threshold?

You can start a recording with the Beatbuddy at the same time, with the normal settings and BB as Master
With the Aeros as Master and the arm mode:
You can start with the threshold
or
You can start the Beatbuddy before and play when you are ready to start the recording

Any time frame of when an updated Beta will be out? 5.1 or a full working Update is coming?

I was on a gig last night & tried to loop basic 2X2 free form loops on the fly. Record 1st loop & ZERO volume came out of the loop. I was running through just fine with full output but no loop was audible. Green track was there.

I didn’t even try with the beatbuddy because I want to get through a gig as simple as possible until all these bugs are worked out.

It is a glitch and you have to turn the volume back up
with the scroll foot controller
Other than that lots of nice add features

Thanks Brandon! I was able to load wave files into multiple tracks for different parts. Works great! Not very intuitive to figure out how to do it, so thanks for your tips. I’ve been wanting this for quite awhile, so I am stoked that it is working.

1 Like

OMG!!! I do not have words to express my joy.
I just bought the Aeros Loop studio a few days ago and I really liked it (coming from a disastrous relationship with a 505).
And now the new auto quantize - that is an absolute game changer. I am ecstatic. Now I can actually make music :heart:
I use the Aeros to transmit the midi clock and my Boss TR-6S seems happy to follow along.
A humble request would be to be able to quantize for longer than 16 bars - why that limit? Is it arbitrary? If so please increase it! Or did I misunderstand that limit?

1 Like