Aeros Firmware 5.2.x

Found a bug / freeze, was able to reproduce it multiple times. These are the steps:

• boot the device (5.2.0) → Home screen
  • click in this order: Songs-> Internal → Album SONGS
  • click the ‘+’ to create a new song
  • click the arrow BACK in the upper left corner because you didn’t actually want to create a new song :smiley:
    → Aeros Looper frozen (photo attached)

Just tested 2 times on mine (silver edition) and no problem !

and another one: I have the MUTE function in the first spot of the stopped slide out menu, so I can ‘pre-mute’ tracks before starting the playback again. When I first open up the slide out menu the ‘mute bottom track’ option, which would be on the middle button doesn’t work. The ‘mute top track’ option always works. I suspect it has something to do with not all the menu entries having options for the middle button?

Steps to reproduce:

• load up a new 2x2 song with backing tracks in both tracks

• play / stop as often as you want

• open slide out menu with the left button

• MUTE is already selected, since its the first entry in the menu

• the middle button (mute bottom track) doesn’t work

• as soon as you walked through the menu with the wheel and come back to the MUTE function, everything works fine. It’s just on the initial slide out menu opening up, that it doesn’t work.

Sadly this is the most important time, where it needs to work… :smiley:

I know I’m spamming a lot in this forum for the last 24 hours, hope that’s fine. If not, just tell me to shut up :smiley: Love the AEROS so far and since I make my money playing a loop station, I’m kind of emotionally invested. I definitely appreciate the forum and the opportunities for communication VERY MUCH!! Thank you!

2 Likes

Are we close to an official release date for 5.2?
Looks like it’s finally for everything I need.

3 Likes

Firmware 5.2.0 still seems to be in the beta state. Does anyone know when a final version will be available?

1 Like

Hey all,

So far 5.2.1 is under work with some useful bug fixes, there was a recent update given on the loop decay feature:

We are finalizing the release and hope to have it out as soon as possible. 5.2.0 as it stands will not be going live to WiFi and will be replaced with beta 5.2.1, that being said we are very confident in the stability of 5.2.0 and encourage using it.

Thank you for your patience and questions

Unfortunately, we could not reproduce using the information given, if you’d like to investigate this issue, please contact support@singularsound.com so they can further assist you. We are not able to reproduce on 5.2.0 or 5.1.1, the count in working as intended despite recreating the scenario

We hope to have new videos soon!

Thanks for the feedback

:tada::tada::tada: Excellent news

Thanks for the feedback!

We are still looking into the panning feature

Stay tuned!

We could not reproduce using the information given, if you’d like to investigate this issue, please contact support@singularsound.com so they can further assist you.

One mixer handles the levels of the tracks in each part and the loop’s master level and the other handles the input levels, output meters, and click level control. It was advised against us by our designer to overcomplicate the screen so we did 2 pages

Thanks for reporting we can reproduce this bug, so we will look into it!

We could not reproduce this in the version currently in testing, so potentially this is fixed

Thanks for reporting!

2 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: Bug when loading backing tracks

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Bug when loading backing tracks

New version 5.2.1 has been posted in the original post! :point_up_2:

3 Likes

yay!

1 Like

Following 2 days of testing with 5.2.1, this does indeed appear to be fixed. Thank you!!!

• Slim
2 Likes

Hey Brennan,Quick question…I am using Beta 5.2.1 for the Aeros and wanted to see if there is a way to route loops with backing tracks to the Aux Out so that I can EQ them separately from my guitar ?

thx

If it helps…I don;t have any other tracks other than the backing track as part of a saved Backing Track Loop . so in other words I am not adding anything to the back track wav…just want it to be able to go to a different channel so I can EQ the backing track separate from the guitar.

Hi Rhannon1,
It’s not possible to route different tracks inside the Aeros Loop Studio to different outputs.

1 Like

Rhannon1 doesn’t want to route different tracks to different outputs. They just said they only use one track. They just want to route live guitar and playback to different outputs. This can be done in current non-beta firmware (5.1.1 manual p.65) and I presume in the betas as well.

1 Like

DUDE!! Thank you so much for taking the time to share this! Yes you are correct that is exactly what I was /am needing and so you have saved me a whole lot of heartache!! Thanks again brother!!!

2 Likes

When I turn on the Aeros I get the message that new software is available. I downloaded and installed Firmware beta v5.2 but the software that it wants me to update to is v5.1.1. I’m assuming it’s two different things but just want to make sure before I screw something up.

If you are happy with the beta of 5.2.1, you can safely ignore the prompt to update to 5.1.1, the last official release of the firmware.

Version 5.2.1 is no longer beta and is now available for download over Wifi! Download links for the updated manual have been added to the original post :point_up_2:

4 Likes

Good job
I’m very curious to know what will become of Bluetooth?
Any information about ?

1 Like