Aeros Gold edition

Are there any plans to make a Midi Maestro Gold? As in quiet switches?

2 posts were split to a new topic: MIDI Maestro and Aeros Gold issue

Why does Singular continue to offer two versions of the Aeros, with the only difference being the silent switches on the Gold edition? I could be wrong but I don’t know of any other hardware where the manufacturer makes two versions of their product, one with silent switches and one with clicky switches. Why not just retire the original version and make the Gold edition the only version? Or maybe that is the plan and they are waiting for the stockpile of the originals to sell off before doing so.

I can’t answer why we might need two versions, but I think the answer to why we have two versions is that Aeros cares about what its customers want. They made the original, and then when those of us who record acoustically needed a silent version and requested the feature, they made the Gold edition. Maybe some people enjoy the tactile click of the OG? Don’t know, but awesome company, imo.

I haven’t got one yet, but am very interested. I watched one of the Singular demos on YouTube and the clicky sound was pretty annoying, so I will probably get the Gold edition, but it is reported to be out of stock for the next 12-14 weeks.