Aeros MIDI Commands

i just found out that with arduino I can program probably up to 10 midi commands in one click and assign them to a max 5 buttons, should be enough, pretty excited

You can always cancel an upcoming part on the Aeros.

sometimes especially all stop you can’t, i can’t remember the situation when I can’t cancel though, but yes I know about cancelling a part on the machine as opposed to the midi controller, managed to get packaged groups on 5 clicks which is pretty cool, best part is they are reversible on double clicking it ie go to second part undo track one and two and mute 5 and reverse clicking it again except it doesn’t move to part two coz it is already at 2

Yes, Stop All is not a cancellable event.

why not?

1 Like

Here’s a related bug report, feel free to add anything you think is missing there, thanks!

Hi! I might have missed this, but is there a midi command for locking/unlocking a selected track? If not that would be a big help to add if possible.

2 Likes

Nope not yet. New midi implementation is supposed to happen after they add more recording time which they’re supposedly working on now. So not next update but the one after that, so probably not until may for midi stuff :frowning:

My wishlist

• a command to complete the Record New Track (CC41) but without recording next track.

• a command to re-record an undone track with EOM or EOL possibilities … just like the Aeros does.

• Undo, Redo and Overdub commands with EOM and EOL possibilities

• And the possibility to lock a track even if the tracks before are not locked

Thanks ; )

3 Likes

Any idea of when we can expect updated midi functionality?
Keep up the good work!

Best,
Helder

David said they’re working on extending recording time for the next firmware and then midi implementation firmware after that… I don’t expect to see it until at least May/June :frowning:
I’m waiting on it as well so I can use my MC8 midi controller with it. Also still waiting on reverse / speed options but I fear that is going to be very far away still…

Would like to be able to control the mixer volumes via a control surface like Novation Launch Control faders. That way I could manually turn down multiple tracks. Looperboard has this capability. Like this https://youtu.be/oEz8OcL9BMs

Auto-fading tracks would also be fantastic.

3 Likes

It is our plan to implement MIDI to support track volume manipulation, we have not yet fully defined this but it may be possible fader and mixer MIDI controlling will be done once we redesign the mixer (paving the way for panning)

More news on this soon, thank you!

2 Likes

I don’t have the Aeros yet - I’m using the looper function of the TCH VL3 but the sound quality of the loop is pretty awful, so I’m looking to change. However, I use OnSong as my midi action device and I need to know whether you can chose an Aeros loop directly from OnSong (by choosing the relevant program number) in the same way. If this doesn’t work, then Aeros isn’t viable for me. Can you please advise?

That would be amazing, so I can use some
External sliders to bring up volume.

1 Like

No, you can’t select a specific loop on the Aeros using a single midi program change. The current midi implementation provides the means to go to loop studio screen, scroll up and down song list, and select currently highlighted song.

Ok. Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately that puts a stop to me buying the Aeros and MIDI Maestro. Shame, cos I’m sure there are lots of would be buyers that might not go ahead because of this.

We hope to soon have a MIDI select option to allow for this type of action, we will do our best to make a method that works for everyone and is conducive to using Aeros alone or using it in conjunction with the BeatBuddy when receiving MIDI song select messages. There are complications because of this but we hope to find a middle ground that can work for everyone.

Interesting,

You can place a request to allow for a single slider to be manipulable via MIDI when that track is selected. Since this may have UI implications, we may not do it right as we allow manipulation of tracks without entering Mixer with use of MIDI.

Stay tuned! This looper will be a whole other monster a month or two from now, thanks for your feedback!

2 Likes

Ok. Lookin forward to it :+1:

1 Like

I would be happy select parts directly without dancing and block some parts in 6x6 if I dont need them. Quick access to parts would be a solution for that too. :slight_smile: