Aeros MIDI Commands

I’m using SetList Maker and send command to load Beat Buddy. I also have the Aeros and is it possible to load the song in the looper when I load the BB song. I am a novice and trying to learn. I will use the looper to play backup while I play lead on certain songs like Main Street or flute part on Color My World.

you can sync to rc500 quite nicely both portable

New Aeros owner here, made this account just to chime in with another request to prioritize full MIDI implementation! Super excited about the prospect of being able to really integrate this pedal into my setup which at the moment is fairly MIDI-centric, so needless to say that update can’t come soon enough.

2 Likes

+1 There absolutely needs to be a play cc - how it wasn’t one of the first things implemented is beyond me. As others have said, the midi implementation is unusable without it. I understand and appreciate the commitment to “doing it right” and the fact that there is other work to do, but can we please move something as simple as play up in the backlog?

3 Likes

We understand your point, but please remember all tasks as easy as they seem take time. We are not currently working with MIDI but this is coming up after the next two releases which will be focused on memory fixes that supersede the MIDI implementation. We have our sights set on MIDI, many more options will be available soon, thanks for your feedback!

I like others just signed up to follow progress of, and express frustration at, this MIDI implementation issue. I had a very MIDI-centric rig that requires my looper to have BASIC MIDI functionality - that’s simple things like (SONG) PLAY, RECORD, PLAY, OVERDUB. I control all of my rig using MIDI commands either from a sequencer or my Line 6 Helix Control floorboard. Seeing all of the other functionality of the Aeros gave me gear envy…and I foolishly swapped out my Infinity (which was working fine for me) for the Aeros.

I should have known a “everything but the kitchen sink” product would be lacking somewhere. Unfortunately it’s right at the sweet spot for A LOT of users. And this isn’t meant to slam SS for what they HAVE created. It’s an amazing tool and will be based on the impression I get from it’s involved staff here. However… the world didn’t need a high-tech multi-track touchscreen looping device. What it needed was the logical EVOLUTION of products like the Infinity, RC300, and other units that while they are long in the tooth…they are still in use to this day because they hit the mark.

And now I’m regretting my jump at this time, and I will regret it until the basic features that we are clammering for are included. There at least needs to be a public statement with an accurate timeline on WHEN those things will come. Otherwise it’s not really a looper… it’s a multitrack studio. And I don’t need one of those on my pedalboard.

5 Likes

+1

Someone privately asked me what those “basic” features I’m referring to are…

• Song (MMC) Play, Stop
  • Track Arm, Record, Play, Overdub, Stop, Delete
  • Track Switch
  • Delete All

It’s basically all the current footswitch functions. That’s it…nothing crazy. Not asking a lot… but CRITICAL to us MIDI-based loop performers out there.

8 Likes

Right. At a minimum do the basic Track and Part looping commands as discrete and autonomous (ie: not driven by developments in Beat Buddy or Maestro) functions and move up from there. I don’t even understand how that can be a question. It’s long overdue. It’s not even about trying to figure out anybody’s particular workflow, that’s not the point of exposing an object model. For a development team so heavily invested in MIDI across their product range, I honestly find it baffling. I actually get worked up about it trying to get Aeros to do things, only to abandon a good 75% of my ideas.

4 Likes

I’m also eagerly anticipating full MIDI implementation. Number one-most important feature for me. I need to be able to control my looper via pedalboard MIDI controller while keeping the looper itself on my desktop. I’ve gone through a handful of MIDI capable loopers, each with their own shortcomings but I hoped when I saw the Aeros that it would be the peak of looper function and tech. And it very-well may be. But I can’t even use it if I can’t control it remotely via MIDI. Two more updates and then MIDI. Any general timeline on it? few months? 6 months? a year?

5 Likes

Hey guys, we understand we hear you. This is not far from being worked on, we know you want it to be the very next thing but there are still some things we are working on that supersede this. We’re looking at 2 more releases before the one with a MIDI expansion (the first of those is nearly out of engineering and ready to be tested before being posted as beta).

We thoroughly appreciate your inputs because that will guide the release to having everything you guys will need and maybe more!

Thanks for your patience!

+1

This should be the priority, I’m waiting almost 2 years now for a handsfree 6 track looping experience…

2 Likes

We understand you feel that way, but that is not how we will be continuing. The memory fixes are still a priority for us. We apologize for any inconvenience this brings to you, but if you’ve kept your faith so far, keep it a little longer, the wait is not much longer for a more widely functional MIDI experience.

We cannot split tasks at this moment, we have discussed this heavily, and this is the best route for us to take. Thank you for your feedback!

We do get it now. Please understand that, for some of us at least, this very thread, started by Singular Sound, gave the impression of an imminent functional MIDI implementation. Probably should have been explained up front that the suggestions being requested were for something you were not ready to actively work on. I know this thread was what made me purchase the Aeros this fall. I should have held off.

Anyway, just some feedback regarding creating expectations.

3 Likes

We never intended this thread to claim immediacy, this thread is meant to detail what was going to be made available in the very next update and then open up the discussion for users to contribute what they think it will need.

If we don’t give dates, it’s for good reason :slight_smile:

This will be handled soon, and with plenty of feedback thanks to you all!

+1 for any and all MIDI implementation :slight_smile:
Also looking forward to the eventual MIDI updates. Just wanted to add to/reinforce previous suggestions. These would be the most useful commands for my workflow…
Part Select (1-6)
Track Select for Current Part (1-6)
Record/Overdub for Currently Selected Track
Undo Record for Currently Selected Track
Volume for Currently Selected Track

The last one for volume is quite important, because it would allow for one expression pedal to control the volume of any track.

2 Likes

I’ll add to this

• Click on and off
  • Count-in on and off (regardless of whether or not it’s the first time recording a part)

Having gotten through my first 6x6 song, this would have been very handy - I was constantly turning the click on and off and ended up padding my parts with empty measures to help count in. Not the end of the world but would love to have been able to control that.

For songwriting, hitting a menu works fine, though it feels like a lot of steps right now. But in live performance, it would be great to control the click behavior via MIDI.

1 Like

not happy with 113 being a double press two commands, can’t there be a midi button to complete transition to any part? like you have on the actual looper in the 2 by 2 mode? but for the 6 by 6 mode?

1 Like

seems like 38 127 and 39 127 are the same command

thanks for the locked settings staying