Aeros MIDI Commands

Hey Mike, thanks for the hint. Tried it tonight, it works. I am using Soleman foot switch midi controller, and it supports “Momentarily” mode, so that I am sending both commands with a single tap (first goes out when depressing, second on release), so no extra tap dance required. That said, I still would appreciate all the operations available via foot switch to be exposed through MIDI as well.

2 Likes

can we use the footswitch to turn on and off the metronome? it would be nice to set it to on and when I feel like turning it off I can

footswitch assigned to metronome on and off?

1 Like

You could make a feature request, but unfortunately it is not as simple as a toggle because there are more than 2 settings, and we plan on reworking the click settings as they are, this may not be on the first MIDI release.

Thanks for the feedback!

I didn’t think there were going to be multiple releases. Does this mean midi features are going to be spread out across multiple midi releases? Is there a release schedule detailing what features will be available?

Sorry but I’m losing patience and confidence quickly… Been waiting a year and a half, sure how much longer I’m going to wait around on this thing.

can you make mixer settings stay per part? they stay fixed for the whole song

Click should become a track in the Mixer View just to the left of Main with independent volume and mute control just like all the others, and eventually be accessible via MIDI like all the others. That’s what makes the most sense to me as a performer.

2 Likes

re:
@Orion the Aeros responds to Start and Stop sysex commands. The Aeros right now is mainly set up to act in slave mode, and most Midi clocks use the 1/24 pulse per beat standard. However we did implement a ‘resync system’ to realign the loops if the clock drifts.

Been digging into my Maestro some… I want to make a start/stop toggle in the Maestro for 2x2 and 6x6 mode (rather that just the provided stop CC-39 on channel). Per above, this requires sysex commands. I cannot seem to find the doc or examples to specify sysex commands in the Maestro app.

I need this because:

1. I can’t seem to get consistent timing on the Aeros for “start on release” which I needed to be able to delete loops quietly.

2. Even though I have raised the back of the Aeros to make the stop/start button more prominent, I hit the bottom left button to move to “next part” all too frequently.

Great there are the sysex commands! Is there an example as to how I specify them? All I can find are CC commands.

I want the “stop” on the maestro to be a “stop/start” toggle,. At present there is a “stop” CC-39 which works, I just can’t seen to find the “start”.

I don’t have maestro info but here’s what the beat buddy sends and receives. It says it sends sysex real time stop but i think it’s just real time stop. edit: realtime is a form of sysex, there are also non realtime sysex messages, had to look that one up.

It is possible but you have to send a command to open the menu then x times scroll down then select I use onsong Happy to advise if needed. The proper midi commands might be here before the end of the summer. I can’t wait

Thanks for that, but I think I’m going to wait until the midi functionality is upgraded - which they reckon is only a few months away. :crossed_fingers:

I seriously hope it’s not a few months away. Time extension firmware should come out this week and hopefully midi extension in may or sooner! Been way too long already.

1 Like

This is only for locked tracks, all other tracks do not save mixer settings across tracks

This is the goal!

Most MIDI will be handled in one release, some MIDI capabilities require or will be based around redesigns, and we cannot plan for major redesigns if we want to get this out quickly (which we do). It will not be prolonged over many releases, only things that can truly not be accomplished (i.e. Aeros doesn’t have the UI or feature set to allow for MIDI access) will not be mapped. Likely we’re looking at 2 possibly 3 releases, the first will cover 90%+ of the functionality currently possible if not all of it. The other one to two releases will just be icing on the cake.

We have also expressed to the developers that from the MIDI release onward, all features must take MIDI into account when being added to the Aeros, meaning: If MIDI control is possible the developers know that it will be built into the feature’s release.

We will likely share our plans for MIDI soon, not long after we have officially released the next beta firmware which will remove the 2:30 limit on the recording.

1. We are working on a Hands Free mode to remove the need to delete songs this way and soon will have MIDI to cover clearing the song as well
  2. Interesting note, thank you for the feedback

Unfortunately we do not have a system for system commands, the command you see is the only one we support which is in the Aeros Default Mode page for 2x2 Commands.

That being said we plan on allowing users to write real time commands to MIDI Maestro, this is the idea to include the functionality to apps eventually.

We are working hard to get everyone the best version of Aeros as soon as possible, thank you all for your feedback!

1 Like

I am confused. That firmware is already out as of last week which removed the 2:30 limit on recording.

As of now its still in Beta tho… Probably for another week unless someone finds problems.

Is there an updated list of the commands and assignments that the eventual midi expansion release will have?

Would be nice to for SS to hear what people think before getting too far into the development cycle.

1 Like

Can we have a Midi command that emulate the scrollwheel (no matter what page or state the Aeros is in). This is similar to the request to emulate the buttons.

It would work when the Aeros is in the mixer, song selection, scrolling text, or whatever features that ever use the scrollwheel.

1 Like

id love the ability to add hold functions to the midi maestro.
id also love the following CC’s
select track 1-6 midi CC
delete track 1-6
delete selected track
delete selected part
delete all
play selected part
Id love an addition in the app to add redirect page to extension pedal. There doesn’t even seem to be a way of assigning midi data to the extension and expression pedal?

1 Like

Hey all, we need your input ASAP, the sooner we know the sooner we can continue working on getting the behavior you need from MIDI. Please respond to this poll that will decide how Aeros will be mapped.

Thanks!

1 Like