Aeros Undo Redo w/Controller BUG?

I’ve taken advice to buy a MIDI foot controller for my Undo/Redo, which is all working theoretically, except that there seems to be a bug where the Aeros Looper undoes all overdubs except for the base track in response to one single undo command.

This bug(?) is happening randomly and I don’t know why - i.e. - sometimes a single undo command will only undo the very last overdub, as would be expected.

In this demonstration, when using an external foot controller with the Aeros Looper, one single Undo command undoes two overdubs, instead of just one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ar5kIex-GRs

Discovering this bug happened as a result of my Feature Request on this thread

Seem that you use the 2X2 Mode and playing on track 2
Do you use the midi CC 37 Value 2 ?

Yes, exactly.
(Seems that Value 0 also works in 2x2 mode, but the results are the same)

Hey there, this is not a bug, there are multiple undo commands on the Aeros

The one you are using is only able to undo the top layer of an existing track

You can find all supported commands here

Check out these commands for more versatile use:

CC:37 Undo / Redo Command Value Behavior
Undo/Redo Selected (Top layer) 0 Undo/Redo currently selected track’s top layer (6x6 mode)
Undo/Redo Track (Top layer) 1-6 Undo/Redo track’s top layer (track # = value #)
Undo Track 1 11 Undo the top layer of track 1
Undo Track 2 12 Undo the top layer of track 2
Undo Track 3 13 Undo the top layer of track 3
Undo Track 4 14 Undo the top layer of track 4
Undo Track 5 15 Undo the top layer of track 5
Undo Track 6 16 Undo the top layer of track 6
Redo Track 1 21 Redo the top layer of track 1
Redo Track 2 22 Redo the top layer of track 2
Redo Track 3 23 Redo the top layer of track 3
Redo Track 4 24 Redo the top layer of track 4
Redo Track 5 25 Redo the top layer of track 5
Redo Track 6 26 Redo the top layer of track 6
Undo/Redo All Layers Track 1 Toggle 101 Toggle between Redoing or Undoing All Layers of Track 1
Undo/Redo All Layers Track 2 Toggle 102 Toggle between Redoing or Undoing All Layers of Track 2
Undo/Redo All Layers Track 3 Toggle 103 Toggle between Redoing or Undoing All Layers of Track 3
Undo/Redo All Layers Track 4 Toggle 104 Toggle between Redoing or Undoing All Layers of Track 4
Undo/Redo All Layers Track 5 Toggle 105 Toggle between Redoing or Undoing All Layers of Track 5
Undo/Redo All Layers Track 6 Toggle 106 Toggle between Redoing or Undoing All Layers of Track 6
Undo All Layers Track 1 111 Undo all layers of track 1
Undo All Layers Track 2 112 Undo all layers of track 2
Undo All Layers Track 3 113 Undo all layers of track 3
Undo All Layers Track 4 114 Undo all layers of track 4
Undo All Layers Track 5 115 Undo all layers of track 5
Undo All Layers Track 6 116 Undo all layers of track 6
Redo all Layers track 1 121 Redo all layers of track 1
Redo all Layers track 2 122 Redo all layers of track 2
Redo all Layers track 3 123 Redo all layers of track 3
Redo all Layers track 4 124 Redo all layers of track 4
Redo all Layers track 5 125 Redo all layers of track 5
Redo all Layers track 6 126 Redo all layers of track 6

Thanks for the question!

Brennan I will try values 11/12/21/22, but what you said is not what is happening in my video demo.

In my video demo (using values 1 and 2) it is undoing/redoing the top TWO layers. Sometimes the Aeros Looper is doing this, and other times it acts as you described. Seems totally random. This is the bug you have left unanswered! :slight_smile:

EDIT: I tried using values 12 and 22 and the results were exactly the same. Multiple layers are being undone/redone with a single command. Please check the video again, still the same, still the bug!!

Hi Brennan and all, please review this bug report again. As you can see from my video and description, the Aeros is often undoing the top TWO layers after a single command. On rarer occasions it will act as prescribed.

Hey there,

We are looking into this,

But after watching your video again, it doesn’t seem that you ever start more than one overdub layer. The Aeros does not start new overdub layers at every loop seam, it will continue writing to the same layer over and over again until that layer is committed.

There is one additional quirk in the Aeros that overdubs that are stopped and started again within a loop revolution are treated as the same overdub layer.

In essence, the undo is working as expected, it’s just that likely you are recording everything to one overdub layer

To test it, please, try waiting for the loop to pass the main loop seam before starting the next overdub layer to see if this fixes the issue on your end

We will try a little more to see if we are mistaken,

Thank you for your patience!

Thanks for replying Brennan, and I suspected this is what was happening.
In my video, Layer 1 is beatboxing.
Layer 2 is bass and rhythm guitar.
Layer 3 is lead guitar.
The Undo command is removing Layers 2 and 3 (where I would only want it to remove Layer 3) as I quickly would progress from the recording loops and undoing Layer 3 to transition immediately into the first verse.

I wouldn’t describe this as a quirk, I would describe it as a bug. Reason being is that now imagine you are performing in front of an audience a full set. With this “quirk” everything takes longer to do. There is more potential for energy drop off in the performance and the audience getting bored as a result. I am glad you are looking into it.

Combined with my two feature requests that you have also responded to, and in their absence, for me the Aeros - which for all other reasons I love and so much admire and appreciate the incredible engineering and programming that has gone into it - becomes unusable in live situations.