BeatBuddy Manager 1.50.1 (Windows/Mac)

Ok, I rebooted & restarted BBM, popped in SD card, nothing. Closed reopened, re-added SD card and this time it picked it up. Very confusing.

Currently the BB is an unsupported device on a Mac and you will not be able to view the SD card. The work around is to use a card reader or the Macs SD slot (if it has one).

Yeah thatā€™s what I did. It corrupted the card. I followed the reset options, then loaded my project and am back in business.

hi one of our customer has Mac 10.6.8 what version of manager will work on these mac versions?

None of the versions of the BeatBuddy Manager support Mac 10.6.8; although your customer may still be able to install the software, he may run into some issues. The minimum OS requirement for full functionality and stability of the BeatBuddy Manager is -

Windows: Vista or later
Mac: OSX 10.9 or later

my wifes mac mini can only run iOS 10.7.5 and beat buddy software 1.5.01 runs fine

Yes, itā€™s possible that it will work and run fine on past versions of the operating systems, but we donā€™t guarantee it. Thatā€™s why we set the minimum required specs as they are. :slight_smile:

Just for the record, Iā€™m running OS 10.7.5 on an older iMac and have encountered a few probs, but I am up and running. Some of the problems I encountered very well might have been because of my slipping around on the Learning curve! I had too many ā€œProjectsā€ going (attempting to learn how to import files, where to save Projects to, trying to Syncronize and learn how to Export to SD, etc.). All the Tutorials and Explanations are geared to Windows PCā€™s, but I have figured out to do the things I need to do in my Mac.

They are geared towards PCs, but the steps needed to be taken are essentially the same. The only real differences are the GUI and the specific filepaths being used. You shouldnā€™t need to create so many projects, as everything can be done in one individual project (different setlists, folders, songs with unique customizations, etc). If you find yourself getting too confused with any aspect of the process, just post up your questions (either here in the forum or by emailing us directly at support@mybeatbuddy.com), and we will do our best to assist with everything. :slight_smile:

Hi!
New user here. Just got my BB in the mail last weekend and have been playing with it, sort of ā€œseat of the pantsā€ messing with it, so I thought Iā€™d register on the forums to get the most out of my experience with this amazing tool. I have a question that I cannot find answered in an FAQ, or with a search of the forums - Is there a 64bit version of the manager software? The download states that it is x86, which runs okay, but Iā€™m sure a true 64bit version would run better on a 64bit OS and PC.

Thanks!

Steve

It is the same download for both versions of Windows. It works just as well on both. :slight_smile:

Thank you! That answers my question. With apologies to the OP, I will now go back in lurk mode :smiley:

My Mac laptop is 10.7.5 and Iā€™m guessing I should have understood the Beat Buddy Manager as the means to add new beats to my Beat Buddy before purchasing the Cajon beatsā€¦and hand drum free downloadsā€¦and guessing, not going to be able to add those to my pedal. Am I pretty much fat outta luck then? I see it says above that one can ā€œtryā€ to download what is recommended for the 10.9.5 but in my experience with softward, upgrades, downloadsā€¦that isnā€™t likely going to work. Just checkingā€¦probably wasting time with my question. Thanksā€¦

northwoodsguy

Hi northwoodsguy. Youā€™re right, youā€™ll need the BeatBuddy Manager software to load new beats to the pedal. In a post above, @8daypsalmist mentions his experience with 10.7.5. Itā€™s worth your time and effort to read the userā€™s guide and view some of the tutorials if you havenā€™t done so already. It should lessen your learning curve and help to reduce your frustration. Oh, yeah. If your laptop will support it, you might want to eventually update the OS. Iā€™m using 10.10.5 on my laptop and El Capitan on my Mac Mini and so far, the BeatBuddy Manager software is pretty stable and gets the job done.

Thanks David.
Just want to say how thankful I was to have Jay help me over the phone to install the BB Manager. However now I canā€™t seem to get the hand clapping drum set, and original beat buddy songs, which I have downloaded to install on my BB manager. I have a Mac and the IT work with BB has been very time consuming. The bit Iā€™m stuck on now is where you go Import > song (or drum kit, folder); then when I find the downloaded drum kits, and original BB (on documents) I canā€™t seem to click it and have it load into the song lists on the manager. Can anyone help again please?
Would be much appreciate, Dr J

Hi Dr. J -

For importing songs: File > Import > Folder - and choose the PBF file (note: not pdf)

For importing drum sets: File > Import > Drumset - and choose the DRM file.

If you have any issues with the above, let me know, and we can set up another phone session. :slight_smile:

Good to hear from you Jay
OK so for instance I downloaded Hand Percussion Mini BB Beats as you suggested into Documents where it comes up as a Folder. But when I go File > Import > Drumset - and click on it nothing happens . Have I got a DRM file?
Likewise, I unfortunately deleted some of the original ā€œsongsā€, for example Rock 1, so then I downloaded BB Originals again. I can see it and all looks good, but I canā€™t import it. Iā€™ve read all the info and seen the tutorials. Presumable the issue is - What is the PBF file?
Kind regards Jeremy

Hand Percussion Mini BB Beats are songs, not drumsets. Import the PBF folder. It is a file format. When you do (File > Import > Folder) and navigate to your downloaded files from our library, you should see the PBF filetype on the right side of one of the files listed in the correct folder.

For importing individual songs (such as Rock 1), you need to do this: File > Import > Song

Thanks again - I managed to get the hand percussion BB mini, but not the download of the original contents called Final content v 120 - SD card files. Thereā€™s no DHM and when I try to open the HASH.BCF or songs under Allfiles it says unable to import because itā€™s not a portable file format

The content from Final content v 120 - SD card files is not for importing into the BBManager, it is only for transferring directly onto the SD card. This is slightly different the purchased downloads you got from the library.