BeatBuddy Manager available date? [COMING SOON]

Manager

Come on guys we need the BB manager, even the forum has gone quiet, how long till we get it, love the beatbuddy but need the software to get my use out of it, we need that darn software.

I was told ‘days’ over two weeks ago. We all appreciate that it is difficult to deliver the manager but because your estimation times of completion keep being put back it might lead one to believe that there are greater problems than you are letting us know about? How about a weekly honest update as to what is happening with this manager software? :roll:

I second that: you can probably fit many songs around the default beats and styles available but the real power of the Beatbuddy is the ability to fit the beat, style, tempo etc. to a song and not the other way around.

That said the main problem here is not just that we are still waiting for the software months after the official release date but that we are not given regular updates about it’s supposed imminent release. Having seen the demo version in videos and knowing quite a bit about software development I can’t see where the problem lies unless it is something like a fundamental issue with the overall design. Having seen how clever the BB is in keeping the beat - for example no matter when you introduce a fill or move to another section it still stays with the beat - I can see that some work must have to go into making sure any custom sections and fills are structured correctly: that they have the same tempo, are of the exact length required, can be shortened to smaller versions (in the case of a fill triggered nearer the end of the measure as opposed to nearer the beginning) and that the midi signals included in the sequences somehow match the sounds provided in the .wav file. To me this suggests some pretty complex validation and checking required by the software in order to make sure custom beats work. I am only speculating of course - there could be other issues.

But whatever the issue, why not share it with this community and be upfront about when we can realistically expect to see the software release. And further more be upfront about the Windows vs Mac issue. I will have to wait for the Mac version because that’s what I use and I am not too pleased about the suggestion that it’s release will happen a further month or so after the Windows version. After all everyone knows that a good portion of music processing is done on Macs and the strategy should have been to develop for both Windows and Mac from the outset thus ensuring that both versions were completed and released together.

Today was “2 weeks max,” and not a peep from anyone at Singular Sound.

Here you go!

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=374&p=1452#p1452

Better late than never!