How are you using Midi Maestro

Thank you Jared, this is exactly what I need then :wink:
Best wishes,
Fred

I wish I could contribute and report I am using MM in a unique way… I certainly am trying to.
Attempting to control Ableton Live 11 through it’s built in midi mapping capabilities from my MM. I have MM connected from midi out to a motu micro lite midi in port. The port and the cable are functional and verified using another midi controller in same setup. I have the MM custom mode programming app on Android and have successfully mapped the upper left stomp button to a command called “DO SOMETHING”. Drilling down into that element I’ve tried assigning a NOTE, a CC, a Program Change. I’ve tried multipole MIDI channels, commands, and values for each attempt.

I get no response from Ableton in midi map mode - no recorded command, not even the blinky light that is supposed to show up when a midi controller issues any command.

I have ruled out Ableton as the culprit as I have successfully mapped foot switches from the Helix Floor using the same midi cable (after disconnecting the MIDI-over-USB connection so as to get a clean and isolated midi over midi signal). That works like a charm just don’t always want to lug the helix around and thought I had purchased a nice compact midi controller in the MM. I’ve watched Singular Sound Midi Maestro Custom Mode | Ableton Foot Controller - YouTube - one of the few videos in English I can find on this issue - but it doesn’t help much.

Any help would be appreciated.

This is my way to use the Maestro

1 Like

Ableton is maybe waiting for the ‘release’ after you press a button, likely the same CC value 0 or the note off command corresponding to the note on.

So if cc13 value 2 presses something, likely c13 value 0 will let ableton know you stopped pressing

Let me know if this helps!

Hi Jared, I received my MM, but as the connection to the MPC One is not very intuitive for me (I have never used any midi controller until now), I wonder if you could recommend some videos for me, as I did not find any until now. For now, I just need to have the MM communicate with the MPC, in order to start, stop and change sequences on the MPC One, like you do.
Thank you in advance for your attention.
Best wishes, Fred

Hey man that’s a amazing setup, I recently bought the MM and I’m able to send midi to my HX stomp along with my Boss 500 series pedals, one thing I haven’t figured out is how to control onsong with the MM. do you think you can help with the MM command list? Thank you

Great update to MM apps:

I don’t own BB or Aeros. I was looking for a guitarist friendly midi solution to control my computer and IOS apps. Having experience controlling these apps with an old Line6 floor controller, I wanted similar functionality but with modern convenience such as Bluetooth, iOS app, custom button labels… I had to use a sticker label maker to label my L6 switches.

There are other options out there but I found limitations in every product. The MM ticked all the right boxes but I was very concerned that it was mostly purpose built for the Beat Buddy. The only one that challenged MM is the MorningStar MC line and they are never in stock. I took the plunge on the MM and it’s worked so well I’m ordering a 2nd.

I’ve managed to make it completely wireless by using a 9v battery adapter to the power supply. I have just this one unit to control all my apps. If I use a wireless transmitter from my guitar to my audio interface, I’m completely unencumbered by wires. The only thing I wish for is a midi expression pedal with a built in toe switch to engage or disengage the pedal without giving up one of the switches on the MM.

I’ve searched everywhere for a basic simple startup to communicate with Ableton with the proper MIDI commands to use in the MM app.
What would I do if I just wanted to control the Master Play button on the transport of Ableton - is that a CC, PC, Note On/Off ? I’ve tried each of these with just guessing and experimenting with different attempts and nothing I do works at all - Ableton does, however, recognize the MM while attempting to map in MIDI mode - but, it doesn’t do anything — Assuming that I understand the physical connections and I get how to use the app to create a basic setup to get to a ‘Play’ button - then, what are my configurations for that?

The problem is that iI don’t have Ableton and know nothing about Ableton .Otherway I could help you
I’m sorry for.
But maybe you find someone here to help you

No problem at all - didn’t mean to pick on you!

I will point out that Ableton usually expects you to send the 0 value after another value of a CC command in order to respond to MIDI from a controller.

The reason it does this is that users often use MIDI keyboards to send MIDI commands as CCs or notes. MIDI keyboards send commands command when the key is pressed, and the value or velocity of that command is set by the hardness which the user presses the key.

When you release, the keyboard sends a value or velocity 0 command to show the key was released.

Similarly, on the MM, you must send both the non-zero value and the zero value CC command, sent on the press and the release, respectively

So, let’s say you want to press a button on Ableton using CC:100

You would need to send a non-zero value of CC:100 on the press of the MM button, and then send CC:100 value 0 on the release

Let me know if that does it!

A post was merged into an existing topic: Midi maestro template for hx stomp

A post was merged into an existing topic: Midi maestro template for hx stomp

Steve do you have a custom model template for HX stomp I just want to have a couple extra switches for preset changes and efx bypass I can’t find an answer from here I’ve been trying for months. Thanks

MOD EDIT: tagged support@singularsound.com
@BeatBuddy_Support

In case you haven’t browsed thru these other threads and posts regarding the Helix family

https://forum.singularsound.com/search?q=Helix

Sorry man, I don’t have !

Thanks anyways!

hello
No video needed, I find it back
I don’t nothing about HX STOMP
I gonna talk about Helix, but i think it’s similar

You need to make 2 commands For one preset:
For ex you want to launch preset 24 from Setlist 4
You need to make
Command 1 : Midi CC Channel (yours) CC 32 Value 3 for setlist 4 (always 1 back)
Command 2 : PC Channel (yours) PC 23 for preset 24 (always 1 back, but not sure for the PC change you need to test)
Combine this with any Midi cc For the looper
Take care about the Press and Release depend what you want

Hope this can help you

1 Like

Hey, Kleodnine–Did you ever find a solution? My Morningstar MC-8 (that I sold when I got the MM) could emulate Ableton Live’s keyboard shortcuts. That made controlling Ableton a breeze. I might need to get a replacement to just control Ableton. I like the MM for Aeros and BB, but, like you, am struggling to find how to set it up for midi mapping.

Cheers!

Bill