How are you using Midi Maestro

I will point out that Ableton usually expects you to send the 0 value after another value of a CC command in order to respond to MIDI from a controller.

The reason it does this is that users often use MIDI keyboards to send MIDI commands as CCs or notes. MIDI keyboards send commands command when the key is pressed, and the value or velocity of that command is set by the hardness which the user presses the key.

When you release, the keyboard sends a value or velocity 0 command to show the key was released.

Similarly, on the MM, you must send both the non-zero value and the zero value CC command, sent on the press and the release, respectively

So, let’s say you want to press a button on Ableton using CC:100

You would need to send a non-zero value of CC:100 on the press of the MM button, and then send CC:100 value 0 on the release

Let me know if that does it!

A post was merged into an existing topic: Midi maestro template for hx stomp

A post was merged into an existing topic: Midi maestro template for hx stomp

Steve do you have a custom model template for HX stomp I just want to have a couple extra switches for preset changes and efx bypass I can’t find an answer from here I’ve been trying for months. Thanks

MOD EDIT: tagged support@singularsound.com
@BeatBuddy_Support

In case you haven’t browsed thru these other threads and posts regarding the Helix family

https://forum.singularsound.com/search?q=Helix

Sorry man, I don’t have !

Thanks anyways!

hello
No video needed, I find it back
I don’t nothing about HX STOMP
I gonna talk about Helix, but i think it’s similar

You need to make 2 commands For one preset:
For ex you want to launch preset 24 from Setlist 4
You need to make
Command 1 : Midi CC Channel (yours) CC 32 Value 3 for setlist 4 (always 1 back)
Command 2 : PC Channel (yours) PC 23 for preset 24 (always 1 back, but not sure for the PC change you need to test)
Combine this with any Midi cc For the looper
Take care about the Press and Release depend what you want

Hope this can help you

1 Like

Hey, Kleodnine–Did you ever find a solution? My Morningstar MC-8 (that I sold when I got the MM) could emulate Ableton Live’s keyboard shortcuts. That made controlling Ableton a breeze. I might need to get a replacement to just control Ableton. I like the MM for Aeros and BB, but, like you, am struggling to find how to set it up for midi mapping.

Cheers!

Bill