Midi Maestro delayed again!

I am also happy to receive it with a less than 100% supporting app. I need to buy it before the AUD/USD rate drops any further.

I have been waiting for the Maestro for a long time, so I prefer to wait for the 100% finished app, so that I can then use the Maestro 100%. It makes no sense to get frustrated with a new (probably awesome) product. Sorry!

2 Likes

Agree with @Detguitar - Iā€™ve been waiting for the Midi Maestro since March 2018 - so, definitively want a 100% finished app & product & am willing to wait further for this to happen ā€¦

2 Likes

@DavidPackouz. How about creating a beta program for those who are ok with a WIP?

It gets the product out to those who want it now, sets the right expectation, and covers a lot of use cases SS could never test.

2 Likes

Iā€™m happy to receive one ASAP. I just ordered now based on the youtube video of it with the BB (and the Black Friday sale). Iā€™m hoping it ties my BB and Aeros together nicely.

1 Like

Iā€™m okay with this idea, but I return again to the question: What is the minimum viable product here? What are we willing to live with to get it going? I NEED to be able to program it, I NEED MIDI through to work. Iā€™d LIKE to be able to build MIDI command strings that represent specific behaviors in specific products. I can wait for pretty UI in the app.

So, before you say, ā€˜Yeah, bring it on!ā€™ Iā€™d be interested in your definition of minimum viable product.

2 Likes

the video just recently posted by SS seems workable for both Aeros and BB integration though i think with limited midi settingsā€¦i think i can live with it for now!

1 Like

Hmmmā€¦

Iā€™m subscribed to their channel, but I didnā€™t get a ping. Iā€™ll watch, thanks for the referral!

1 Like

I would be OK with the not-finished app. Thank you

1 Like

For anyone who hasnā€™t seen the new video, here is the MIDI Maestroā€™s BeatBuddy mode in action: https://youtu.be/UNyhcGIJfEU

We are currently updating the firmware of the 100 units in our office and will be shipping them out by the end of the week! If you were in the first 100 units ordered you will be getting an email tomorrow or Wednesday. Shipment tracking numbers will be sent out by Friday.

The remaining units will be shipped in January. If you havenā€™t ordered one yet, our Black Friday sale going on right now will be the best price it will ever be. After December 5, the price will be $299. You can order here: https://singularsound.com/product/midi-maestro/

Weā€™re working on completing the app as quickly as possible. As I said earlier, the money back guarantee period doesnā€™t start until the app is released. Stay tuned :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is there a way to know if weā€™re in the first 100, @DavidPackouz ?

I see that there are 3 modes for MM: custom, BB, Aeros. To change between them one has to reach behind the unit and press a small button. Is it possible to make a combo button press to scroll between these modes? Like press two big buttons in order to change modes?

I personally wouldnā€™t see myself bending and pressing with a finger that small button on the back for a few times during a sessionā€¦

You gotta wait for it to show up before you bag on it, Dan. Themā€™s the rules ā€“ but I do like your idea!

:slight_smile:

I must admit, Iā€™m also hoping for some serious deep editing capabilities, which would give me the ability to build what youā€™ve just requested.

Great, weā€™re two then! :joy:

Iā€™d also like more than one custom mode and deep editingā€¦ butā€¦ weā€™ll (patiently) wait and see.

Like we did the whole year, waiting for singular santa :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

We are indeed of the same mind.

In a perfect world, this MM would be built on an open platform and maybe driven by some sort of text editor (have a look at the editor for the MIDI Solutions Event Processor as an example ā€“ crude but effective), so we as a community could build out control modules that could be imported as modes.

For example, maybe I have a DMX controller that responds to MIDI, so I build a text file/ā€œdevice moduleā€ that I can share and you can add as a mode to your MM by (letā€™s say) importing the file as a new mode. Then maybe you have a Hughes & Kettner Grandmeister for which you build out a stomp-box control module that you can share with me. And then letā€™s say the MM has a programming mode that lets us configure and assign functions from that mode to various buttons. That would be an amazing community.

Also, it might represent another set of SKUs for SS: New modules to control popular MIDI devices, in the same way they sell song packs for the BB.

They really should just hire me as their MM product managerā€¦

2 Likes

i emailed SS and Jay will confirm if you are in the 100 listā€¦iā€™m in :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This past weekend was Thanksgiving in the US ā€“ most places were off from Thursday onā€¦

ā€¦So? Did it ship? Tell me tell me tell me!

Donā€™t know if youā€™ve seen this, but it seems like singular santa is due to january

As I understand it, they have 100 units in-house and many more in-transit. I believe this note refers to the in-transit units ā€“ that they will ship in January to fulfill all back orders. But I believe the first 100 in-house units were supposed to ship at the end of last week.

Obviously, your mileage may vary, but thatā€™s what I have pieced together from what I think I have read on the forum and in emails.

Finally got the Midi Maestro. Then the Beatbuddy started flashing the volume and tempo screen. Singular Sound Support said I would need to buy a new Beatbuddy. They said that the parts wear out after 3 years!
Iā€™m sending the Maestro back and looking for another drummer.