Mr. Jones - DOP & OPB (UPDATED yet again)

Thanks for the feedback. I’ll take a look at it.

1 Like

I’ve listened to the song on the BB and played along with it using the cheat sheet and the chorus starts with a C—which is what I thought I provided however, it may be my timing.

I also checked out a Youtube version and I hear it the same as the BB version.

I’ve got a MIDI source file for what seems to be a different version and I’ll work that up this weekend and try it out to see how it compares and sounds.

1 Like

Awesome, can’t wait. Thanks!

Replaced original post with updated version

1 Like

Man…that is so good. You out done yourself. Went over it today. Going to drop it in a set tonight. Thanks!

1 Like

Hi there,

First off thanks for making this file! I’m having a strange issue with it though when the first part kicks in the volume drops totally off and is barely audible? the count in works fine but then its very faint.

Any suggestions what might be causing this? could I possibly get a different version of the drumset somewhere?

Thanks,
N

Is this happening in the BBM, pedal or both? Is it happening in both the v1 and v2 versions?

I’ll try to check it out later today however in the meantime, you can try it with the NP Standard Pro kit if you have it. If it sounds okay, then you might want to delete the NP Std Pbass 63-91 kit, download, import and activate the kit.

It works fine in the BBM, but is barely audible from the pedal itself after the intro count. I am using BBM 1.6.5.0 and my pedal is at version 3.2.0.

It happens with both versions.I have the NP StdPBass 63-91 drumset installed but not the other one, I got it from this link NP StdPBass 63-91

Thanks,
N

3 things to try:

1. Try listening to the pedal using headphones from the 1/8” output on the left side of the pedal. If it sounds properly,
  2. Use both left and right outputs from the pedal
  3. If this still doesn’t sound right, try downloading and reinstalling the firmware.

I’m going to guess that you are using the left output from the pedal.

OK tried 1 and it was the same result, I have both outputs used and plugged into a Zoom R16, then some powered speakers so should be getting the stereo through ok.

Firmware wise everything else is working but I can try and reinstall it to see.

One other thing just do I have to have the STANDARD PRO- DRUMS & PERCUSSION drumset downloaded for the NP StdPBass 63-91 to work?

Thanks,
N

You could try 62-91 kit from here Substitute Standard Pro with Bass kits

Doh! I worked out what was happening, the main song was in the intro section when I imported it to the BBM, once I moved it into the main section I could hear everything fine.

The intro must only allow for 2 bars or something?

Thanks again great file :slight_smile:

When the song is in the Intro section, the BBM will play the full song one time. There are no settings you can change in the BBM. Moving the song to the Main Drums Loop section will also play the entire song but it will loop until you double tap to end.

Cheers I got there in the end, not entirely sure what was happening!

The intro is a few measures short. I just cut out a few lines from the first verse. It’s not practical, but the rest works so well.
Apologies Persist, I should have mentioned the intro thing to you before. I feel like you guys do so much for the community, don’t want to be the bothersome flea. It’s just like on stage though, if no one gives you constructive criticism, you’ll never know…right?

Right :grinning:

Thank you for this upload

1 Like

Group

Notes:

• Count-in included
  • What’s updated? Different source file; adjusted velocities; refreshed cheat sheet.
  • UPDATED 09/07/2022: Link (in blue font) to new user resources

Song version_________Suggested kit

v1 DOP______________SUB-Standard Pro Plain
v2 OPB______________SUB-Std Pro PL Bass 0-31

Includes: 2 songs, MIDI source file and Chords & Lyrics

Mr. Jones - Counting Crows.zip (63.3 KB)
1764/1063/176

1 Like

Seems like the only bass instrument I get out of my BB is 63 - 91. Can some one explain?

It could be that you’ve not loaded the drum set that the song was created with.

See if this thread helps Gold Dust Woman - DOP, OPB & OPBk - #2 by Jester99

BTW, tell the devil you want a refund in exchange for your your soul :joy: