My BeatBuddy PedalBoard

what did you use to make that diagram? that’s pretty cool!

I used paint on my Dell Vista. That’s it. I take the pics of pedals and resize them for my drawings. I might have to reprint the letters or numbers or just correct the ones that are there from being blurred or fuzzy, or I make up drawings from actual pedals so sometimes the pedals shown are just drawings. Been doing that for years. I do the drawings so I know what it will look like before I make it. I also sometimes do that with guitars. I custom build those too or sometimes just “Hot Rod” them, change pickups, controls, etc. I custom build my own pedalboards from good, old fashioned, plywood. I cut the wedges out of 2" X 6" to get a six inch raise and I also make the top rack shelf to raise the pedals above the rest. I cover the pedalboard with heavy duty felt but I don’t use Velcro to fasten down the pedals. I actually take the bottom plate off the pedal, drill and tap a hole, lay it on the pedalboard, drill holes from the bottom plate as a template through the pedalboard, install screws through the threaded holes from the “Inside of the Plate”, install screws long enough to go through the pedalboard, mount the plate back on the pedal, push the pedal down on the pedalboard and then install washers and screws on the back side and fasten the pedals down nice & tight. They don’t move around like with Velcro and no-one can steal them off the pedalboard one at a time. They have to take the whole pedalboard which is sometimes real heavy to carry so it’s not likely they would run off with them and with anything that heavy, you could catch up to them pretty fast. Ha-Ha. Anyway, how did I get that far away from the simple question of the drawing. Sorry about that. Sincerely, Fingerstylepicker.

DO you, or can you use the GR-55 to play the bass on drum tracks with bass in BB songs? Love your set up BTW. Working on my little area now.

There are several “with bass” Drum kits out there, and lots of songs that use them. This allows the BB to be both drummer and bass player!

Here’s my latest kit:
http://mybeatbuddy.com/forum/index.php?resources/super-bass-now-with-guitar.192/

Go to Resources (http://mybeatbuddy.com/forum/index.php?resources/) and click on me (aashideacon), Guitar Stu, Phil, and others, for lots of “with bass” songs!

All- I had to post my updated pedal board. Thanks to Ruairiau. I added the PUC+ to communicate with my iPAD via bluetooth midi to change songs automatically on MBB. Also a bonus with this is in ONSONG I can also send a patch change to my SAMPLETANK IOS APP for guitar synth. So for example in ONSONg when I change the to a song lets say Frampton’s Do you feel like we do, it automatically changes to a 5th octave keyboard in Sample tank and then in MBB it auto changes to the correct song and folder. I can also however change the sample tank patches wirelessly with the bluetooth blue board in the back when needed. To get keyboard sounds out of my guitar, I use the IOS app midi guitar 2 (tracks very well) and all that is needed is a $30.00 IRIG 2 to connect it to the IPAD for guitar synth. Now the coolest thing is I added a bones amp/signal switcher (bottom right). So with this I can plug my guitar in and send it out to go straight guitar through to my M9. Or switch and go to the IPAD for straight guitar synth (sax piano or whatever). OR MIX the 2 signals guitar and synth which sounds amazing. My sounds are now endless. I have both signals running to my small mixer and then running into my Boomerang for looping. The little midi on box I made simply breaks the midi signal to the boomerang when I need a free flow loop. I send all outputs to 2 channels (MBB and Mixer) out direct into a typical 700 watt PA with 2x15’s and a horn. I go direct into one of the channels on the PA for MBB. For voice I use the left side of my board TC Helicon Mic Mechanic to TC Helicon reverb to 10 band EQ and to the mixer that I also run into my 4 channel mixer. I need to now find a way to add wheels to my board with a tote handle because this thing is heavy!. I think I am done for a while. : )

Wow nice setup - So Jealous :slight_smile:

Post it on Instagram and tag us (and add BeatBuddy), and we will repost it. :slight_smile:

I am starting to get a pretty good list of Entire-song parts (no transitions or fills) with the beta manager. I put them in the intro slot and then I create a loop in loop slot 1 that does not generate any midi signal. after the song is done playing in the intro, it just sits silent looping in the loop slot if I forget to double click it off. Much less to think about during a performance. I still like the ability to just jam with the preloaded songs. I am spending tons of hours editing. But it is something that enjoy. I just keep learning and experimenting with the cool pedal!

Who?

Awesome board. I’d swap that Yamaha mixer for one of their AG models (see http://au.yamaha.com/en/products/music-production/mixers/ca-ag/ag06/?mode=model#tab=product_lineup). This has a USB that goes straight to your iPad; no need for the iRig.

I came to do it kinda the opposite. as my “main loop” i put a click, then i put the full song as an outro. that way once it’s over, it’s over. I have an external button to trigger that outro.

Im not doing to many songs now but I just finished making another one. I’ve got five new ones to post and updates to most of my songs when the new Manager is released. It’s a shame we can’t share them with the forum yet.

On topic here is my homemade pedal board.

This is my camping setup with the Ryobi Radio plugged into the Headphone socket of the Beatbuddy. I made the homemade pedal. It has some cheap pedals in it including a GFS Greenie tubescreamer clone, Joyo Compressor, a Joyo American Character Pedal and two switches for extra beatbuddy switches. More info on it here. I recently set the Ryobi radio up as the power supply for my Pedals and Roland Street Cube Amp.

I had another homemade battery pack that I have taken the 9v DC converters out of, Jammed them into the Ryobi Radio and run 9v leads out of it to plug into the pedal board, beatbuddy and Street cube which also has some LED lights added to it. Two converters were needed as the beatbuddy doesn’t play nice with other pedals. With a 4AH battery in there I was able to run all this the other night for about 4 hours and only used about 1/4 of the battery. Power tool batteries are the bomb.

The home made pedal board also sits into my bigger board when using my guitar amp so it’s quite versitile.

I guess I did not realize we could not post songs greater than 500 on the board yet? Dod the moderator give you a reason why? I did not think it would break anything and it would just give you the exceed limit error in the old manager software?

It was mentioned to me the developers would appreciate if they were not posted and personally I think it would cause alot of confusion with users who are not familiar with the software. Even now everyday there are questions about using the manager. Hence when there is officially a new Manager version I will post all the new songs.

That makes more sense that way. Duh. I am pulling bass and drums out of midi songs with quite a bit of success. The event triggers are quite elongated but they sound good and not “Clicky” like I’ve heard in some tunes. I have had to essentially start building my tune library from scratch by splicing my favorite songs into complete loops. Learning a lot about editing that way.

I dont know Im still debating with myself on if I want to lose the flexibility of add new transitions new fills new Outros, Intros, as I play a song more and more and also I fear that If I get use to not pressing the pedal so often during a song that I will lose that skill and worse lose the Uniqueness a song can be from performance to performance. Being able to change all those things when I get bored is a nice feature. But I do like the idea of a song just playing though. Defiantly much easier during a live performance.

That’s why I have quit posting songs until everyone can catch up. I remember my own dazed confusion when I first got my BB and came to the forum. New owners and members just need to work with it and read the past forum posts.

I have some sell-out guilt too about using a full looped song, but when I have so much time invested in the creation of the songs, I loose the guilt and figure, Hey, whats the difference? If taking the pedal punches out of the equation with zero mechanical errors possible and the ability to really concentrate on other performance points, S’all good man. I still have the ability to jam with the fills and loops if I choose, and I do some straight acoustic songs that way in my set. It’s a tool. If a tool can be used in a more efficient way, I’d be a fool not to, Right?

True, if you believe that way is the more efficient way.
I’m thinking the other way is the more efficient way but to each his own

If all you need is the drums, which I will at some ensemble gigs, the only way to go is with the fills and loops as it was designed so you have that needed degree of flexibility. I am keeping all of my songs so I have that ability. I love the fact that I have more options than I know what to do with. Kind of a Swiss army knife thing.

YES - I love that too . I may do both also