On press events still do not work - pops at the end of each loop!

Just to be clear, I am sure you are able to fix this quickly. What I would like is that you improve your test harness to ensure it never happens. Tests rarely cover everything but you should focus on having a very high confidence factor that you didn’t break anything prior releasing…

The only other possibility to notice every potential sound glitch is to push the volume, which I do not do so often… But for sure recording is pitiless…

:+1: automation, automation, automation

An update should not break a feature (the main one). We spend too much time describing bugs rather than enjoying a looper (sold to be the best on the market). Please tell your testers that your customers have had enough.

I was thinking seriously of getting an Aeros Looper but hearing all these i really became sceptical on actually purchase. I already have a BB and i like it so!!!

Hello, everybody.
Irving from the development team here. I’m sorry for the troubles that everybody’s been going through, and I thank you for being on this boat with us.
Wanted to jump in and bring some transparency to things that are happening right now:
We are revamping our development process, in particular we’re strengthening the QA process as fast as we can. There are a bunch of things happening in parallel, but we’re gaining the ability to have strong focus on every project of ours. The Aeros is not an exception.
We’ve been developing a document where we describe an ever more thorough testing procedure. Instead of testing the stuff that has been changed, we’re going to test everything before every release – to prevent regressions.
We’re also revamping our testing rigs, with better tools to help us detect issues that it would be difficult to see even in continuous use, and integrating the firmware development team with the rest of the organization to improve our output.

The Aeros is the hardest project we’ve done so far for a very simple reason: It’s the biggest software project we’ve ever done.

Having identified that as the cause for all our heartache, we now aim to become the music hardware company with the best software development results in the world.

6 Likes

That’s a very good practice !

• Integration → test of new features
  • QA → full non-regression tests + test of new features

Automation is the key of successful systematic testing.

1 Like

@BrennanSingularSound even though I confirmed there that the problem was always present, I nevertheless want to emphasize that, as I reported initially, the problem is much worse when re-recording than for a first recording…
Thanks not not miss it in the fix !

Any News about this? Clearly I can’t use my aeros.

We have reworked the cross fade logic and are testing all the corner cases that could cause the issue as well as fixed a number of bugs that have been brought up to us in the beta. The enhanced cross fades took time but it should pay off, we will have something solid once we release the next beta.

5 Likes

Sounds like pretty good news :yum: :+1:

1 Like

I look forward to testing it.

Amazinggg!!!

This didn’t answer the question of return policy for people who have had this thing since the beginning.
So what is it?

1 Like

@BrennanSingularSound

Stop saying nonsense, a guy like Loki Davidson from poly effects makes monstrous, innovative and powerful devices (with a great price). So the rationale for small business cannot be understood. There are plenty of small businesses out there that make great and bug-free products.

@martythebassplayer If you purchased it from our website (https://singularsound.com/) and would like to return it for a refund now, send me an email at support@singularsound.com, we will accept it back and give you a full refund.

@Thovy64 We are doing our best with the resources we have. Correct, it is taking us longer than we (and everyone else) would have liked. That is true. That being said, I see the level of frustration you have and so if you are truly not satisfied with it, and purchased it from our website (https://singularsound.com/), send me an email at support@singularsound.com, we will accept it back and give you a full refund.

That isn’t an answer. I already returned my Aeros back in January due to lack of trust and support from you guys then.
How you are currently honoring your return policy, as the product is still non-functioning, and at what revision will SS consider this product to be functioning as advertised?
I had doubts about Aeros back in January that are well confirmed now. No thought was put into it at all before it went to market. That is an undeniable truth. I’ll bet that you’ll have to abandon some of that functionality for usable workflow that doesn’t involve adding a conveniently marketed midi controller.
Also, it looks to me like the Aeros is going to street for the same price that I paid directly from you to be an early bird beta tester back in November. What are you going to do for the people who have spent 9 months designing this product for you? Add a 4 month lockdown, during which YOUR coders still couldn’t get it right? WOW!
I’ve seen better products sink bigger companies. Are Cabli sales keeping you guys afloat?

@martythebassplayer The return policy is officially 60 days from date of purchase, although we have been very flexible and have accepted returns outside that return period from preorders, as you can see above. We didn’t need to come up with an official policy for cases beyond the 60 day period for the Aeros as we have sold close to 800 units, and had 32 refunds so far. We’ve never rejected a refund request from any preorder that ordered from our website. Additionally, being that the looper is only getting better, the return rate is expected to decrease over time from the current 4%. It’s a pretty good trajectory. Hopefully this answers your question to full satisfaction.

That being said, I’ve noticed that a lot of your responses on the forum (not only in this particular thread) are getting into destructive criticism territory, and we are not allowing that type of response on the forum anymore. I understand your frustration, but these responses are filled with increasing vitriol and are aimed to attack us rather than find a solution (which is what constructive criticism is). We really do not want to have to enforce the rules, but I will enforce them if you continue to comment in this manner, so please follow them voluntarily.

Here they are for your review: Forum Rules

Thank you.

5 Likes

@BrennanSingularSound
It is with great pleasure, that I think this topic can be closed as implemented since the release of the 3.1.10 firmware.

It doesn’t mean there will be no new problem with loops xfades but hopefully not as systematic as this one…

:+1:

1 Like

Good to know! Happy to be at this point :slight_smile: