Possibility to set the loop length in advance

Hello there,

i have not been using the Aeros for very long, maybe I have overlooked the setting.
Is it possible to set the length of the loop in advance?

On my Boss loopstation i have this possibility. I have saved different templates for 4, 8, 16 or 32 bars. For example when i need a loop with a progression over 8 bars i use the 8-bar-template. When i start recording, the loopstation is recording over the pre-set 8 bars and goes into play mode automatically. Together with the auto-record function this comes super useful and very convenient without the stress of tapping the buttons all the time when playing.

Is this possible on the Aeros? As i said i´m new to this device maybe i was overlooking this setting.

Thank you very much for you help.

You can achieve something that’s almost identical to this by pre-recording a song template of the correct length. I’ve used this technique before. The basic idea is to record a single silent track of the correct length, for however many parts you care about. For an 8-bar loop, you’d record 8 bars of nothing manually in advance.

That way, the first time you start to record, you’ll be overdubbing onto a silent track that automatically repeats at the correct time.

Thank you for this tip! Partly it works, but those „silent loops“ are assigned to a specific tempo/ BPM. This leads to problems when i do midi sync withe the drummmachine because i like to use those „silent-loop-templates“ for different tempi/ BPM. It would be much more practical if i could generate templates for 4, 8, 16, 32 Bar loops without these being tied to a specific tempo.

Maybe that would be something for an udate. Waht does the Singular Sound staff think about this.

Thank you in advance.

There is an option for auto-quantise.
I’ve not used this yet but might be something you could work with?
You pre-select the number of bars, say 4, then it divides the loop length by 4 bars to work out the bmp.
Using a few templates, you could then have auto-quantised loop lengths of 4,8 or 12 bars.

Kind regards

Carl.

Thank you Carl, I will try this. Sounds like a possible solution.