Sequential next part in 6x6 mode

It would be nice to have the 6x6 mode working the same as the 2x2 mode. So automatic go to the next part while recording.
This way we can use the midi maestro to change to wich part we will go… I want my looping experience handsfree.

4 Likes

Hey there, this is something we hope to include in a firmware update soon! We are planning to allow users to choose whether they want it to play sequentially when next part is hit or if they want to select part first then give command. Stay tuned!

2 Likes

I agree this would be great. We’d only need to tap to the right part when they were out of sync in the part list.

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: 6x6 navigation improvements: Next part selected by default + choosing Max no of parts

Not sure if this topic is about my problem - When using BeatBuddy+Aeros Im facing an issue in 6x6 mode. The Beatbuddy transition to the next part is not triggering the Aeros to switch to the next part. It transitions to the next part on the Beatbuddy but on Aeros it remains on part one. Its working in 2x2 mode. Ive received my Aeros just a few days ago, maybe Im doing something wrong. Would need some help on this. Thanks!

You’ll need to tap Select Part or Select Track first when you are in 6x6 mode, then tap for the transition on BB.

In 6x6 you have to manually assign your next part before the transition, hence my request to make it the same as in 2x2…

2 Likes

What would be great in addition is to be able to pre-determine any sequence of the song parts. In example, I want to automatic move to next part in a pre-determined sequence like 1-2-1-2-3-4-1-2-3-5-6 according the structure of a given song where part 1 is the verse, part 2 the pre-chorus, part 3 the chorus, part 4 the bridge #1, part 5 the bridge #2, part 6 the outro.

@Fablaporta, I agree. I believe your request may be a duplicate to my “Song Modeling” feature request here, if I understand your request correctly:

This was implemented in 5.0.x :tada:, we are now on 5.1.1 on WIFI and awaiting 5.2.x beta to be ready.

To turn this on, go to the device settings menu under Behavior and enable Auto Song Part Change (6x6), this will set the Aeros to automatically transition to the selected next part like 2x2 works. To keep changing which part you want to switch to, keep tapping the next part button to toggle the selection and change the transition destination. This works better if the Change Part behavior setting is set to End of Loop.