Standard pro with bass

Which same problem?

Can’t get bass sounds to work.

Give me an example of a song you are trying to get bass to play on. Is it a song downloaded from the Forum?

yes , downloaded from the forum. Dancing queen.

Ok. It’ll be several minutes until I check that out so I can give you accurate advice.

ok thank you

Alright. Just tried the and it all works as designed.

1. Only versions 2 and 3 have bass. Version 1 is drums only. Version 2 is drums and bass. Version 3 is, essentially, a complete arrangement.

2. The entire song is in the intro section of song. Thus, if you have “intros” disabled, you won’t be getting anything.

3. The song does require the proper drumkit, which should also be available either here on this forum or on the old forum. Version 2 uses NP StdPBass 63-91. If you don’t have that, you could try the 62-91 version of this kit:

Version 3 needs STAX Yamaha Piano & Hi Strings:

1. If you need to install either of the above drum kits, download them form the links above. Expand the zip. Ad the kit to you BB Manager project by using File>Import>Drumset. The newly imported drumset should appears at the bottom of your Drum Sets list in BB Manager. click the box in front of it to make it active. If you are downloading the Sub-Standard Pro kit, after making it active, you will also need to select it from the version 2 song, to make it the default kit assign to that song.

Once you have the right kit assign to the song, the song should play with bass. There is no additional trick.

Ok, will do…thank you…sorry, I’m new to this gear.

No problem at all. If there is something you don’t understand, just ask. It’s a complicated gadget.

since you mentioned it. How do I increase the volume on the bass from -5db ?

In the Drumset Maker window, click on the instrument’s name, like right where it says Bass E1 after the number, i.t. 64 - Bass E1. This will bring up a Instrument details window. There you will see a volume slider. Move it to the right to increase volume. You will have to do this with each one of the 30 or notes in the bass part of the kit. After you are done, select Drumsets>Save Drumset. That last bit, saving the kit, is what stores the change and makes it happen.

cool, a bit cumbersome but…good to know

Nicely understated. It’s actually a real P.I.T.A.

1 Like

Ha!! well said !!

Hi Phil
Thanks for all the work, help and great content you are providing to the community.
I, and I’m sure many other really appreciate it.

Would it be possible to obtain a version of the SP kit with bass from you.
I can provide P.O.P.

Thanks
Brett

Conversation started.

Hi Phil, Pleased to meet you and the others here in the forum. This is my first post. I’ve only had my BB for a bit now and not a lot of time to play around but am reading up and am amazed that we can add bass (and other instruments) into the mix. Will you be so kind as to provide me the file so I can experiment with this?

i12rok (Randall)

Randall,

The 62-91 kit found at the link below uses the same mapping and drum scheme as the Standard Pro with bass, and it is free. Download and install the kits. To install in BB Manager, use File>Import>DrumSet. Then the kit will be at the bottom of your Drum Sets lists in BB Manager. Check the box in front of the kit name to make it active.

To see how the kit is made, double click on the kit name in the BB Manager Drum Sets list. This will open the Drumset Maker window, and will show you which of the 128 midi slots have been used, and what is contained in the slots.

Sorry for the less than timely reply.

Phil

Hi Phil, I purchased the Standard Pro Kit. Can you tell me how to get the Standard Pro Bass kit? Thanks and have a great day!

Phil. Thanks for the detail. That has worked for those songs. But others, Take it Easy, Peaceful Easy Feeling, New Kid in Town, do not.
I see these others that require the NP Standard Pro BASS.

Is this the kit I must…
a) Purchase Beat Buddy Standard Pro library (https://library.mybeatbuddy.com/drum-sets/standard-pro-drum-set)
b) Provide you proof of purchase?

A thousand thanks for your help