The “missing” editor for the BeatBuddy—finally available

Yeah, I’ve been waiting for the Autopilot feature on the Beatbuddy. Not sure if possible with BBFF alone. I think it’s more of a firmware thing. Although an idea would be that BBFF to ‘compile’ parts or tracks into 1 midi file, then creates a brand new song file. For repeating parts, add a box for number of repeats? :grinning:

Perhaps singular could release documentation on how to configure settings for autopilot in songs. It’s my understanding that the firmware is already supporting it.

Yup! That would be nice. The last thing they released was the cowbell drum kit. Exciting times.

It was in the firmware but I believe it was removed again in subsequent firmware versions.

It wouldn’t be possible to do it in BBFF alone without firmware support.
Compiling a new song file is something I’ve thought of but would want to solidify and finish other things before I tackle that.

2 Likes

Can you help me with a way to manage the SD card content and get new songs into BB? The BB Loader doesn’t start up on Mac Sonoma 14.3 and the BB Manager will not import the song, I get a parsing error or something. Also, it doesn’t appear to be able to simple drag songs onto the SD Card on the Mac. Same issue with this software. I’m a new user, but I’ve never been able to add a new SNG to the Beat Buddy. There must be a way on Sonoma 14.3

Thanks in advance.

Never, mind, it’s working now. I think the .sng file I was trying to load from a forum wasn’t loading, maybe something wrong with it or something.

1 Like

Hi Andrew. Appreciate your feedback on the potential auto pilot / song compilation feature!

2 Likes

IIRC the blocker for AutoPilot was the lack of support in the old Beat Buddy Editor.

Perhaps if BBFF and SIngular Sound worked on this together, AutoPilot could be released.

2 Likes

Hi Andrew,
I found an interesting little bug in the app. I was trying to combine individual beats together to form a single pattern, and then save that to a midi file. The resultant file should have been 33 bars long, but in the process of copying and pasting patterns I inadvertently included some extra notes beyond the length of the pattern that I was trying to create. When I reduced the pattern definition to the desired length, these extra notes were apparently still present, but invisible to the editor. Writing out the midi file resulted in a pattern length which was more than twice the desired length. A bit of a corner case in terms of the use model, but I thought you might be interested.
Cheers,
Jim

Thanks Jim, I’ll investigate that and fix it in an upcoming release.

Jim, I found the problem and have fixed it.

1 Like

:+1:

<NerdAlert>

Was it the Kobayashi Maru?

</NerdAlert>

1 Like

Hi guys,

We want to thank Andrew for the incredible work he’s done on this editor, we have been closely eyeing it since it appeared on the forum and were greatly impressed with the application and his professionalism.

We’d also like to thank all of the deeply committed and passionate customers that have given us crucial feedback over the years. It has challenged us to do better.

We are happy to announce that the BBFF is now the BeatBuddy Manager Online application. It is free to use and open to the public, no sign-up required.

We have tested the application thoroughly and find it to be working remarkably well, we apologize that we couldn’t announce or talk about it sooner, but here we are!

Have fun! :musical_score: :musical_note: :notes:

3 Likes

Wow this is a welcome addition! just wondering if Andrew got hired to the dev team? I really like the way he handles fixes and bugs. He’s very responsive and gets the job done.

5 Likes

Agreed I didn’t even buy the app or subscribe to the online manager he built but he was incredibly helpful and always replied to my queries. I hope he has a decent agreement in place with Singular sound, his efforts deserve to be rewarded.

1 Like

@andrew13 was definitely taken care of and we are in contact in case we need anything from him, while we do not disclose our private dealings you are free to ask him privately

We agree!

We understand you guys have seen a bad track record with the quick fixes for the BeatBuddy manager but the reason was a lack of a platform to work on. We will be providing equal levels of support and it is also free to the public now.

Please keep the new thread on topic, we are there to discuss the future of the project as a Singular Sound product.

Thanks for your concerns!

3 Likes

I have tried the Beatbuddy manager online and so far so good for me, it has definitely opened up some new possibilities for sure so thank you to all involved.

Was this app sold to singular sound?

1 Like