The “missing” editor for the BeatBuddy—finally available

Thanks paddy, I’ll let you know when playing through a song is available

I don’t know Reaper, but it does everything I used to use Ableton Live for. Give it a try, I commit to supporting any reasonable need you might have for working with the BeatBuddy.
If you need any help while giving it a try I’m available directly via email at andrew@bbff.rocks

1 Like

Wow!! Will definitely try this! Meantime, please study up on the BB firmware! lol.

1 Like

There no way to insert measure except at the end right? And There’s no way cut out measures, except at the end? Those things you’d still need a more fully functional IDE/DAW correct?

1 Like

You can add to the beginning by hold shift and increasing the bar count.
You can remove from the beginning by holding shift and decreasing the bar count as well.
You can’t cut out measures from the middle but you can shift all the notes left a measure and then cut at the end. I need to add the ability to select beats/measures so I can add the ability to loop a selection and when I add that I’ll add being able to cut those beats/measures.

2 Likes

@andrew13 I watched your video and wanted to offer my encouragement on this project. You seem to have simplified a process that should have been this simple to start with. Well done!
My anticipated usage does not mesh well with a subscription model. I would prefer to not have to opt in/out based upon need.
:crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers: :drum:

1 Like

I’m not a high power techie kind of a user.
But I do like the fact that something seems to be happening with the editor and I’m just going to sit back for the first few bugs to be worked out and then I might jump in as well. Thank you for the work

1 Like

I will

1 Like

@andrew13 is the missing software developer for Singular Sound! LOLOL

1 Like

This looks amazing. Can’t wait to test it out.

1 Like

WOW !!! This addresses so many of the editing needs that I’ve had. And nicely done. Thank you.

In reference to using Control-Command to locate the beat laterally in the grid:
I should be able to slide each beat slightly more to the right in the measure and essentially slow the tempo (or to the left to increase tempo) while keeping the time signature the same. And not affect the length of the sound it makes. Correct?

This would be helpful for songs that change tempo in the chorus, bridge, or ending.

Yes, you could do that but, I wouldn’t want to do that over more than a few beats because you’re no longer working within the time grid. I’ve done it to get a ritardando at the end of a song.
Depending on how the changed tempo relates to the main tempo, you could change the grid down to something like 64ths and shift everything across that grid.

Thanks heaps Andrew, this is an awesome tool, especially the MIDI editor. I am now a grateful subscriber.

I have a dumb question. How do I copy intro’s, parts, fills, transitions etc from one song to another?
I am on a MacBook (Sonoma 14.3) with the latest version of Chrome (build 121) and Command-C, Command-V doesn’t seem to work to copy parts. What am I doing wrong?

Also, How do I copy an entire song into a new song so I can quickly modify the tempo and parts to make another song? Command-C and Command-V don’t seem to be my friends in this editor.

I am currently creating/editing parts on BBFF using the MIDI editor, exporting the project and then arranging the parts/songs using BBM to get around the above problem which is a bit of a pain.

Thanks, Sarge/Australia

Thanks Sarge

Copy/paste of song parts and tracks is not currently available but it is coming soon. I’ll let you know when it’s ready.

@andrew13 Will there be a changelog to features you are updating to the BBFF Editor? Really enjoying the tool…making life much easier for exactly the things I do. Copy and pasting will be awesome for sure.

Your wish is my command :wink:

A quick overview for those who are interested:

• Export/import MIDI files
  • Duplicate/Delete/Move songs
  • Copy/Paste/Duplicate parts
  • Copy/Paste tracks
  • Playback improvements
8 Likes

Wow excellent additions… this is really turning into a prime BB product for me. Thanks so much for the updates!

@andrew13
Just to be sure, can I work with only one Project and move from BBM to BBFF Editor without issues? Example, open Project in BBM, make and save changes. Close BBM. Open BBFF Editor and the same project, see changes made in BBM, make more changes, save, close. Go back to BBM, open the project, and everything will be fine? (no duplicate files or projects in my drive, etc?)
Thanks! (additions sure look great!)

Yes, I have made sure that I don’t mess with BBM and that everything works in both.

1 Like

Wow, finally. I just saw your introduction Andrew. what great progress! I shurely gonna try! Thank you so much for your work. I saw many functions that I missed at BBmanager.

1 Like