Unecessary confirmation screen when clearing a song

@BrennanSingularSound

Just did a gig dry run. Kept forgetting to confirm the song delete and so when started next song the old one started playing. Also having to reach over the other buttons to press and hold and then tap a different one (when I remember) is really unfeasible. Nearly fell over.

As well as having an option to not have the confirmation screen, it would be good to have an option to switch the hold mixer button to be instant song delete. Im never going to need the mixer live ever as will be the case for a lot of people that use the Aeros with a Beat Buddy without prerecorded audio. I remember seeing someone on gearpage or somewhere send it back with this being one of the reasons.

Should also work to instantly delete when stopped or playing as well

Really needs sorting, please add it to the feature list

Thanks

Masten

We made clear song a two-step process to prevent accidental deletions of the song which we figured is a much bigger problem than having to use two steps to delete it. We will add a MIDI command to clear a song to be able to do it with one press using the MIDI Maestro or other MIDI controllers.

2 Likes

@BrennanSingularSound

Ok, but as it currently is, for simple looping with no pre recorded tracks it’s not comfortable to use at all. Having to remember to hit that confirmation button every time between songs when you’re playing live is a pain.

Can’t there just be an option to turn off the confirmation screen. Job done. Will then work for both kinds of users.

Really don’twant to buy an expensive MIDI controller that I can’t fit on my pedal board (one of reasons bought the Aeros is cos its small) just to do that one little thing when all thats required is an option setting.

How do feature requests work btw? I mean will this request go into a ‘to consider’ list somewhere or will it just be forgotten about unless other people start requesting it?

Thanks

Trust me, you are speaking to someone directly involved with the process.
We must always weigh the level of immediacy for a request. Yes, seeing several people request the same thing will make us more likely to consider it.
I’m not sure we see the benefit in removing the confirmation screen, we can look into giving an option but that is not our priority at the moment.

Yeah I dont expect it to be a priority, was just wanting to know if it will be considered or not?

If you dont understand why it needs removing try doing a gig with it and see what a pain it is to tap dance after every song (if youre not loading songs and just resetting after every song)

Thanks

Masten :slight_smile:

1 Like

Related to this, there’s some need for a “scratch” mode where you’re in a new song right away. When the Aeros boots up, you’re several clicks (and decisions away) from being able to loop a new song. Perhaps a shortcut to create a new song that has the same defaults as the last song (loaded? created?). Think of it as the “Fast $20” option at the ATM.

IMHO the second tap is not so bad (at least you don’t have to touch the screen).

We will add it to our dev list just know it’s not a high priority so it may take time to implement it.

This is an interesting idea I think I’ve proposed something similar, like a toggle from main menu whether first open project is a new project or last saved. We could look into it. We are also looking into easy ways to navigate the Aeros from start to finish hands free, including starting new songs or opening old ones. This doesn’t include the MIDI implementation where we plan on including one-click new song commands.

1 Like

@BrennanSingularSound Ok thanks.

Yeah a scratch mode sounds good to me. For me this would just be an option to have it turn on and you’re straight into being able to loop rather than having to load a song first.

It’s also how the majority of pedals (including looper pedals) work. Turn it on and you are ready to go. If the pedal has a memory you can immediately use it, change it, erase it. Settings are the same as when you turned it off (or some setable default).

Aeros feels a bit like a software application than a pedal in this regard. Probably better to make the “first use” experience for musicians be similar to what they are used to.

This entire thread is the the reason I returned both the aeros and midi maestro. I asked about this feature back in November. Along with having the option to select between 2x2/3x3/4x4/5x5/6x6 or any combination of any of these. This and immediate song deletion are all I ever wanted aside from the midi maestro to work with aeros. I’ve “deleted my masterpiece” far less often than I need something deleted on the fly. Like less than 5 times verses an infinite amount of times needing to delete which will inevitably happen millions more times in my life.

1 Like

@brennan See the last post above about someone who agrees with me about the confirmation screen

Thanks

M :slight_smile:

Noted.

Thanks so much!

About song clearing:

1. For me the confirmation window is basically acceptable. However a hands free option to silently clearing a song after stopping it before is mandatory.

2. What I proposed here (Missing the non-beat-buddy-acoustic-realtime-performer features) is to provide a “clear all” command by pressing two buttons (e.g. start/stop all and part selection). No sound, no confirmation window, no unintentional erasing, no Parameter needed! Just silently clear all.

Hi yeah pressing the start/stop and part selection would work for me. Great idea, though just an option to turn off confirmation would also work too. Personally think this is a really important feature for live use. Who wants to tap dance just to clear a song. Cheers. M :slight_smile:

Hey there, we will not be doing any “chord” commands as far as I know, that is not the route we wish to take. Also, I think now is a good time to bring something up to avoid any issue

@masten, we have given this much thought, and appreciate your feedback, but we will not be implementing this. We do not want to make deletion immediate, it is just not in line with what we believe to be a safety feature. I’d rather get complaints that it’s taking too long to delete a song rather than people are accidentally deleting their songs, it’s just too high a risk.

We were considering the toggle, but this is superseded by the Hands-free mode we wish to implement, please check out how we plan on making it work. Also, you may like the new system more, because although you need to do a hold command and then a button tap to delete, these actions will no longer be on the Play/ Stop All button, so no more falling over!

I know you really wanted this function, but the need for a hands-free system is far more important to us. We appreciate you voicing the opinion, however.

You can blame me for the chord command idea. I hereby retract that! I think a hold or double tap in the right context is better than chords … and there may be other, better ideas.

I do think that “letting the user setup one or two chord commands of their choice” would be a useful advaced feature. That would be a bonus and not required. Everyone has their own preference for what needs to be quickly on tap (pun intended) and this might be a way to handle that. Chords might be useful as an optional, advanced feature.

1 Like

@BrennanSingularSound
Hi Brennan. Which buttons will it now involve pressing then to clear all? That post you pointed me to is just really confusing tbh, I cant work out from it what is proposed for just a simple clear function. Thanks.

You only had to read the first post!

(currently the hold command on this button opens the mixer - we can keep this option so if you continue to hold the button the mixer will open. The song selection options only appear first while Aeros is stopped)

Save Song, New Song, Delete Song (“Cancel” label pointing at Play/Stop button)

New Song: Song List, 2x2 Song, 6x6 Song

Selecting 2x2 or 6x6 will open a new song with the last settings that were used for those songs.

Song List will go to the list of saved songs.

This means you will hold the Left most button to bring up the delete command, and then the rightmost button to delete

You may not need to delete so often (from mistakes and such) because we are working on the logic for re-recording undone tracks and you will be able to re-record on the press, meaning the timing will be like starting from scratch.

2 Likes

I just got my aeros looper today - after ditching my ditto X4 ,
In a live scenario for me I just want to move onto next song( clear and go ) - are most folks using a click track and creating song lists prior to a show ? how are you moving quickly onto next song with your feet ?
Amazing as it all is at home as a daw on the floor and sounds top notch Im just not getting that immediacy of looping live .The X4 was easy in that regard but freezing up and crazy firmware BS …let me down live on a few occasions…
Hoping I can find a method with aeros and this is just my first observation … cheers

Hey there,

COuple of things can improve this behavior:

1. Use a MIDI device that can create a new 2x2 or 6x6 song
  2. Clear the current song with a long press of the Stop All button, and press yes to clear all. This is an un doable action, and is the fastest option if the song settings don’t need to change.

Does this answer your question?

Let me know, thanks!