Was very excited Now a bit disappointed

I’m not sure why you’re having this trouble. I’ve never had drop outs. Have you been in contact with SS support?

It’s not “dropouts”. The final straw was recording and playing back to practice with a LONG recording - verse, chorus, bridge of a song on 5 tracks. Then I returned the next day and only the first 2/3 of the recording would play back even though the underlying WAV files are complete.

Now I’m seeing a 2 1/2 minute LIMIT on loop length being mentioned. If that’s true, it’s DEFINITELY a deal killer for me. Is that why I had the problem. If so, why isn’t there new firmware patch to fix it? AFAIK, I’m on the latest firmware release.

My intention with this device was to more easily pre-record, create and have live performance control over the instruments in loops with more tracks (up to 6) and more parts (like verse, chorus, bridge)! Live looping was only a secondary desire.

But if I can’t depend upon reliable play-back…!

Hey there ,

You should write to support@singularsound.com it sounds like there may be something else going on.

The 2 1/2 minute recording limit was removed in version 3.5.1, the current version is 4.1.5.

Support may be able to help you find a solution and then possibly find out if there is a bug or if something else is causing this behavior.

There are currently no other reports of the same issue

Thanks for reporting

So i was thinking about buying this product after being impressed with Beatbuddy but struggled with an Octatrak and then Ableton for looping. Just want a simple answer to live looping for backing tracks. Now wondering whether to persevere with Ableton, or try the Octatrak again, having read some of the problems here, although the loop time limit is apparently now lifted. Would very much welcome any thoughts, thanks.

We cannot support backing tracks at this time but will be able to soon, it is on our list and progress is constant. We just released version 4.2.4 and it is behaving very well so far!

We are already testing 4.3.x internally and version 4.4.x and 4.5.x are being worked on internally as well. We have every intention of meeting the original promises of the product.

You may find a better solution in Ableton, you may not, but in the end we always believe you should do what is best for your setup!

Thanks for your feedback!

2 Likes

Thanks Brennan, I maybe wasn’t all that clear. I want to build my own backing tracks using the beatbuddy and layering parts using a looper (i.e. not import a backing track). Pretty much what a looper is supposed to do and Aeros should do that, with some limitations that I’ve been reading about. I’ve tried using Ableton, but it feels complex for my needs and I don’t really want to go diving into MIDI menus etc, I want to spend less time messing about with tech and more time playing, already wasted much of yesterday fiddling with Ableton and (unrealistically) trying to avoid reading the manual!

The combo works marvelously already, an overwhelming percentage of users have no issue with how the BeatBuddy and Aeros work as a combo. If I may dare say so myself, it’s the best drum machine+looper combo there is (and ever was) and it is improving constantly. We do try our best to please the other 5-10% and we are not only doing that but growing thanks to having a versatile and powerful product.

You can always start a dialog with support@singularsound.com for assistance/troubleshooting/walk-throughs

Check out our YouTube for more content on how to use and enjoy the benefits of the Aeros+BB relationship!

Thanks for reaching out!

:+1: thanks

1 Like