Which master to follow? pluses and minuses of each

what are the pluses and minuses of which master to follow?
beatbuddy or aeros.
What channels Should you use ?
Settings for different Modes / Approaches.

the manual does a good job with the whats but the whys and the whens are not there that i have seen sofar. but the manual tells you to skim or not to read the pertainant section

1 Like

I was wondering the same thing glad you asked I guess you just gotta exspirament and see what works best for your work flow I’ve tried both but that was before the 5.0.0 firmware updates I haven’t switch back to having the BB as master clock so it’s working with the aeros as master clock so far jus noticed synchis not stable bb goes slightly out of sync especially after you do a pause from right side switch on b foot switch or hold transition switch down it goes way outta sync I’m going to try JMD clockstep pedal to run my looping pedal board build

with aeros as master
is song selection on the beatbuddy from the aeros one of the pluses?
intro fills on the beatbuddy not worky a minus?

So no side by side list of pluses and minuses. Of the primary and tertiary. Something for a manual or a short video.

1 Like

I would like to know also, if there is an advantage using either way

1 Like

[BrennanSingularSound]Product Manager

14d

The Aeros and the BeatBuddy both can control one another depending on which is the MIDI Transmitter (master).

The Aeros as the transmitter is more capable of choosing a specific BeatBuddy Part handsfree however, since you can transition at any time and it will tell the BeatBuddy to transition at the last measure of the Aeros part into the same part # out of 6 as the Aeros, it also can be set (as of version 5.1.0) to tell the BeatBuddy to play the outro command when the song is stopped on the Aeros.

The BeatBuddy’s method of controlling the Aeros is more limited.

2 Likes

this shows really where i was stuck in figuring out why aeros as master if you cant start beatbuddy when wanted…fixed, thanks for replying and more importantly for showing …Aeros Loop Studio V 5.1.0 beta. New features" Send Start While scrolling"(FR/ENG) - YouTube

2 Likes

To be honest I didn’t understand the feature and asking to Brennan
Thank to him

1 Like

Happy to be of service :slight_smile:

1 Like