Aeros firmware 3.0.0

Freudian slip? Missing those gigs?

1 Like

:joy:yes, because of coronavirus.
I would like to say it’s not on the to do list? And 20min in mono is pretty short for a looper which can receive a 32gb SD card.
What about the internal memory of the aeros. What is it size?

Hey there yes I’m getting what you mean now. Unfortunately, the Aeros will not record something and not loop it, so I see whats happening with your issue on the new track, the answer being yes, the recording on a new track would have to be the same length in order to avoid un-needed looping. I can see why that is not preferable.

This shows how in this particular case an ROP function would be great, because overdubs obviously do not loop once they are stopped, and follow the looping of the base layer. More on this soon.

This is something we will be gradually working on throughout these updates, we may have more info on that soon, I know we’re looking into it. Feel free to ask again in a week’s time see where we are.

Its 3hrs mono at 44.1kHz and 24bit so practically 1.42884 GB

1 Like

Thanks, Brennan. The ROP is really the only way to efficiently get a seamless, endless drone/soundscape loop. It was real easy on the Infinity, but that had a much different internal structure. ROP with an adjustable fade in/out on that loop (perhaps movable fade envelopes, like in a lot of DAWs) is really the optimal way to soundscape on the fly in a live setting.

2 Likes

@LordRadish we will implement an ROP setting – we’re investigating where we can fit this into the schedule.

3 Likes

@BrennanSingularSound

Added a minor bug report about an inconsistency in the settings regarding mute/unmute in freeform mode.

Thank you in advance to have look and add to your backlog even if not critical (of course if you acknowledge validity).

I agree. I would be quite angry about it if I was gigging at the moment…but I guess no one is. This should have been in the 1st release. Can’t use the looper live without it.

new bug with 3.0.0:Crash song management 3.0.0

1 Like

Sorry this isn’t a functionality thing but… would it be possible to reformat the manual without the black background? I don’t know how many out there like to keep a printed manual around like me. But the black background sure wastes a lot of black printer ink for no particularly good reason other than style. Am I the only one in that boat? Thanks much!

1 Like

I have to say… I’m absolutely loving the SD storage system, now i’m able to manipulate all the loop files into my DAW for further productions :slight_smile:
My only question is about the labeling. I’m recording in stereo, and inside every song folder there’re two files per loop (one labeled A and another one labeled B), why is this?

Hey there, A is Left channel B is Right channel! They are split mono, not interleaved stereo files. Most DAWs have the option to group them as a stereo file!

1 Like

We can consider a printer friendly version! The idea was to use it as an online format, we didn’t think people were printing it full color! Apologies to your printer.

1 Like

Yeah a printer version would be great! Thanks again.

1 Like
  • OTA firmware update was very smooth! I received my Aeros on Saturday, and had it connected to wifi and updated to 3.0 within minutes… very easy, kudos!

• Can’t wait for MIDI functionality… the thought didn’t even cross my mind that a pedal with the cool touchscreen and MIDI ports would lack very basic MIDI functionality! Until it comes, I’ll just be toying w/ the pedal… need to integrate it with a Morningstar MKII before I get serious.

• The planned functionality looks good; hopefully it comes soon in a fast 3.1 update rather than included with a massive 4.0 update!

Great!

Don’t worry this one will be much less of a wait, we already started testing the MIDI!

2 Likes

Hey all, we opened up a poll on a default feature

Definitely let us know your feelings on the need for overdubbing from stopped state.

@Rick1 here you go!

AEROS Manual - Firmware 3.0 - Printer Friendly.pdf (4.8 MB)

Great, thanks…

1 Like

David, much coolness. Thanks a lot, it’s a big help!

Now, I don’t mean to be greedy, but will you be doing this for future updates of the manual… I hope??

Thanks again man!

1 Like

Haven’t done this yet, but how does the SD card work, in terms of importing content? Can I put a drum loop on the SD card and play along with it in the looper?