BeatBuddy Firmware 4.1.x “Options, lots of options!”

Download link for new firmware version 4.1.1 has been added to the original post.

Please send a video of what you are describing to support@singularsound.com with as many steps to reproduce as possible, thank you

Just released another beta today! If no major reproducible bugs are found we will make it official !

No updates for BBM1 will likely be made, a new version of the BBM is coming and we are hoping this will cover all needs of the BB without all the bugs and a much better UI

:tada:

This link should take you back to the top of this thread BeatBuddy Firmware 4.1.x “Options, lots of options!”

1 Like

Brennan,

Just to clarify for the new transition forgiveness setting …this is the setting called Loop forgiveness correct (this was set to disabled, and the Transition setting was set to enabled/default on mine so assuming this is correct)?

Thanks for the update!!

Yes this is the best way to use it

So forgiveness can be disabled on the latest BB firmware? Is is therefore safe to use live?

I disabled the transition forgiveness using the latest firmware and all works well now…no more getting out of synch with my Aeros, at least for me.

Correct, it is off by default

Great!

1 Like

Seems odd that I’m suddenly not able to hit the transitions right. If I press transition on the last beat as I always used to it now goes straight into the next pattern instead of playing the transition. It works perfectly on BBM. Is there a setting I need to tweak?

Same (or similar) here. I disabled the transition forgiveness, but there are still times where I press the transition too close to the first beat of a measure, and it immediately transitions without playing the transition fill. I moved the setting to play a fill on the next beat (instead of immediately), but I don’t think (or know) if that setting controls the transition fill too. If not, it probably should.

Reading this suggests to me that what I’m experiencing is the transition forgiveness as David described, but mine should be off, so maybe the on/off setting isn’t working for me after all. I’ll have to investigate further.

I’ve tried forgiveness on and off and I experienced the same result.

Thanks for the info. It looks like I’m going to hold off on updating, then.

Just a note that the link for Firmware on your Support page still goes to the older version:

I suggest you have a bulliten thread (where no one can respond), that announces new Firmware releases. The announcement can then link to a forum discussion where people can comment etc.

It’s odd that you report this @tERRY_mARTIN and @Ed1970 because it seems on our end that there is no change between 4.1.1 and 4.0.1

Please take a video showing the issue you are specifying in practice and please also be sure you are not experiencing the same issue in the previous firmware.

From our end, we aren’t seeing an issue but it may be something several people are noticing.

Developer says the only strings related to the change have been turned off with the setting

Please let us know!

This firmware is still not live it is a beta firmware, the link on the website will be updated once this version is no longer beta.

Thanks for your feedback

Having next part and previous part on footswitches is fantastic, thank you. Up until now I’ve had to use a midi pedal for that but this is much nicer

1 Like

The link at the top of the thread has been updated with a new beta version 4.1.2

All reported bugs appear to have been squashed

2 Likes

I operate with firmware v 4.0 and I am trying to address each beat in the complete library + GM with MSB, LSB and Prgm. That works up to LSB 110.
When I get to LSB 111, it stops working. So even though the Manual states that all MSB and LSB commands can call on folders and songs/beats, that does not appear to be the case. Up to LSB 111 with MSB set to 0 LSB set to 0-110 (represents folders) all works well and Prgm represents the song number.
Now I am aware that playlists use LSB 111 in firmware v 4.0 which would explain why my method does not work as a folder/song addressing scheme. With the new version I can switch to using MSB = 127 to access playlists thus liberating LSB 111, but will reverting to the default mode allow me to use LSB 111 (and up) to continue to address the folders in the library? If so, how do I change from the Aeros version of MIDI to the default MIDI mode?
I have included the text of the Manual on the MIDI adressing below:

o The folder is selected with the Bank Select Message (Bank MSB and LSB)
and the song is selected with the Program change. If on version 4.0.1, only
LSB 0-110 correspond to the BeatBuddy folders. LSB 111-127 open
playlists 1-17
o Each of the 128 values of Bank MSB (Most Significant Bit) value can have
128 folders as selected by the value of Bank LSB (Least Significant Bit).
o This gives a potential of 128 MSB x 128 LSB = 16,384 different folders with
128 songs each (selected by the Program Change [PC] command)

UPDATE: Found and installed version 4.1.2 today and it resolved my issue. I can now access all 139 folders of the Complete Library + GM using MIDI CC: MSB, LSB, Program Change. Happy again! No issues to report with the new firmware version. Works great.

2 Likes

:tada:thanks for reporting