BeatBuddy Firmware - Old Versions & Revision History

This post is somewhat in response to another post, BB Web Presence Needs Work for Software Updates. While getting new products out the door is fun stuff, Singular ought to focus a bit more on organizing what they already have out there. The SingularSound main webpage should be the go to place for all firmware and software they produce. Downloads shouldn’t link back to the forum, but rather links for updates should link back from to the SS website. Use a Cloud or and FTP for downloads, but link it directly from the main website. Make all revisions available in one place. Geocaching to find a prize can be fun, hunting for software isn’t :unamused:

I couldn’t find it collectively in one place, I set about finding and downloading all the firmware versions and revision history that I could find scattered through threads and elsewhere. In the attached zip file are the zipped firmware versions along with a Word doc of the history. The version history are pretty much a copy and paste from what was posted in a new version ‘announcement’ post, so hopefully will be accurate.
May be useful to those who wish to revert to a previous version for one reason or another.
I stayed with V2.04 (RC4), as I didn’t see much at the time that interested me. ‘If it ain’t broke, don’t try and fix it’.

BeatBuddy Firmware.zip (2.2 MB)

1 Like

THANK YOU SO MUCH for this. I am here on Saturday morning trying to fix my BB that I bought two days back and which has problems since I “upgraded” to 3.6. Fixed by rolling back to V2.7

Beatbuddy, sorry but get your shit together. You have a nice product but your website and your software/firmware upgrade procedures are a MESS. You are letting yourselves down by screwingup the easy stuff.

I am glad I found this thread. I recently bought a BB off Reverb. Currently it is on Firmware 2.0.4. I read the upgrade process which assumes a card reader, which I don’t have. I was looking for a thread on the upgrade process and here I am.

I only need very basic use to help me stay synced for loops. Should I upgrade? Which version should I upgrade to if 3.6 is problematic?

This from upgrade instructions:

After the files are transferred, insert the SD card into your unplugged BeatBuddy.

As I said, I have no card reader. Can I upgrade directly the files that mount when I connect the BB?

I would start out with 2.0.4 and if it has the features you need, there may not be any need to get a newer version.

If you have not downloaded and read the BB user guide, you might find it quite helpful.

You can connect the pedal via USB to your computer. It is my opinion and experience that while this method works for many users, it doesn’t work well for all user because of possible issues with data transfer rates.

Try the USB method and if you have issues, buy an external SD card reader.