Gimme Some Lovin' DOP, OPB, OPBk(horns) UPDATED

Note: although I did not use the horns track, I left it in the midi work file if anyone wants to transcribe and use it with the brass kit that was recently posted.

Requires:

• v1 Standard Pro
  • v2 NP Standard Pro Bass
  • v3 NP NP Bosendorfer Jazz Trio XRp
  • Beta BeatBuddy Manager version ≥1.6b
  • Firmware > v1.8.5 (recommended)

Includes: 3 songs, chords & lyrics; work & source midi files

Download Here

Thank you for this blues classic

The Blues Brothers

Notes :

• Starts on the 4th hit of the HH count-in; love the sound of the brass from this kit!
  • Link (in blue font) to new user resources

Suggested kit(s) : all versions use the Motown Piano & Brass EDIT: (Cygnus49 suggested trying v4 with the STAX SAX AcousticP for horns with more bottom).

Includes : 3 songs, MIDI source file and Chords & Lyrics
EDIT: 1-page cheat sheet with instructions (courtesy of Cygnus49) provided as a separate download

Gimme Some Lovin’ - The Blues Brothers.zip (102.8 KB)
Chords & Lyrics 1-page - Gimme Some Lovin’.pdf (56.2 KB)

Disclaimer: Music is art, it’s interpretive. So right or wrong, good or bad does not exist.

1 Like

hi I sent a question about loading downloaded songs and you said to try one of yours, have down loaded this one, what next p[lease. thanks

Might be helpful to read the contents embedded in this link Helpful BeatBuddy (BB) and BeatBuddy Manager (BBM) links

A Cygnus49 note: bear in mind folks using BB in a purely acoustic solo or duo setting may hear things quite differently. My choice of kit and how I tweak it in REAPER is an ongoing mission to get it right in my ears for BB use in a trio where we have a lead guitar amp mic’d and on many songs will have one of us playing bass along with BB low mids into the room through our newly crafted ‘JoeInOttawa’ sound approach.

Also you’ll find lyrics and even progressions for a well trodden tune like this can change so feel free. There are no sacred versions of songs.

Thanks for the update Persist… This is a really nice version… :beers:

1 Like