Just What I Needed DOP, OPB, OPBk (UPDATED)

Requires:

• v1 Standard Pro (just drums)
  • v2 NP Standard Pro Bass
  • v3 NP Final Lead Synth with Bass XRL
  • Beta BeatBuddy Manager version ≥1.6b
  • Firmware > v1.8.5 (recommended)

Includes: 3 songs; chords & lyrics; midi work & source files

Download Here

2 Likes

Thanks @persist for posting this song. I’m new to BeatBuddy and BBManager, but I have your * v3 NP Final Lead Synth with Bass XRL loaded up and it sounds great! Unless I’m doing something wrong, however, it is missing the short interlude before Verse 2 and Verse 2 as well as the repeated refrain before the Outro. I’m hoping that I can learn available editing tools to copy and splice into the song file those missing sections (since the needed pieces are all present in the song file). Using BB Manager’s Midi Editor seems unwieldy for this task. Advice anyone?

Thank you for your feedback.

Consider learning how to use a DAW (digital audio workstation). There are several available that run the range from free to quite expensive. Using a DAW takes some learning but once you have the basics, it makes editing BeatBuddy (BB) files much easier.

EDIT: Usually if the song is missing something, as is this one, it’s easier to just find a new MIDI source file that is closer to the recording and start over. I have a new source file and will update this version and post it next week.

2 Likes

The Cars

Notes:

• What’s updated? Different & complete source file; lowered velocities; refreshed cheat sheet.

• Link (in blue font) to new user resources

Suggested kit(s):

• v1 & v2 versions both use the SUB-Std Pro PL Bass 0-31 kit
  • v3 Final Lead Synth & Liverpool Bass

Includes: 3 songs, MIDI source file and Chords & Lyrics

Just What I Needed - The Cars.zip (72.8 KB)
1315/442

Disclaimers:

1. Music is art, it’s interpretive. So right or wrong, good or bad does not exist.
  2. I avoid filling song requests for BeatBuddy users that are getting paid for performing (if you get paid for your time, I should too). The exception being for new BB users posting a song request.
  3. How many ornaments did we hang on the Christmas tree before it collapsed?
  4. Past remains prologue.
    @D-cent
2 Likes

Thanks for your DAW suggestion. I downloaded Logic Pro X (free for my MacBook Pro) and learned just enough of it and BB Manager to save your * v3 NP Final Lead Synth with Bass XRL to midi, bring it in to LPX, increase the velocity of the synth (I wanted it to stand out more), and bring it back into BB Manager. All that workflow was a first for me!!

With a hint of confidence, I was able to copy and insert-paste the verse 1 measures as verse 2. I need to spend a lot more time learning LPX to add in the interlude measures before verse 2 and the repeated refrain before the Outro, but that was enough to use the song a couple hours later in a virtual Open Mic set. I also need to figure out how to bring in or use instruments in LPX that reflect the BB drum kits, as I was editing hearing only drums with the LPX defaults (no bass or synth assigned to those notes). Still, great progress on my journey! Thanks @persist for the song and the advice to get me going!

EDIT: I just downloaded your updated song zip file. Excited to check it out!!

1 Like

Super!! Thank you! :star_struck:

1 Like