• v2 NP Standard Pro Bass
  • v3 NP Final Lead Synth with Bass XRL
  • Beta BeatBuddy Manager version ≥1.6b
  • Firmware > v1.8.5 (recommended)

Includes: 3 songs & tab

Download Here

1 Like

Great work!

Today I am downloading all the Rush songs in the Forum.

Suggestion:

I am printing as a PDF the requirements of the song file so I have in the folder were I store the songs, specifically so I play the correct Drum Kit in each version.

Can it be possible that you include a PDF for the next songs that you upload to the Forum, so it can be downloaded with the Zip File?

TIA!

Thank you for the kind words and interest in my work. Another user had asked for this as well and over the years, I’ve noted that users have asked for more details to be posted in the subject line of a song’s thread e.g., the key, BPM, time signature, artist’s name and etc. Here’s some of my thinking behind not doing so:

• all of the details are contained either in the body of my song post or are available within the BeatBuddy Manager (BBM) song itself
  • unless a user asks for me to transpose a song’s key, I try my best to provide the song in the key originally recorded by the artist and I’ll identify when a different key is used

The reason I don’t provide a separate file with details of each song is because the details are already a part of the song within the BeatBuddy Manager (BBM) and the BeatBuddy (BB) pedal. For example, the “Default Drum Set:” identifies the song’s required kit in two places in the BBM and if the kit associated with the song is not active in the BBM, the Default Drum Set: name is preceded by an asterisk. In this way, a user will know the kit required and if the correct kit is active or not. Because the details are already available (and probably more so because I’m lazy), I don’t bother providing a separate file because I see it as redundant.

For a while, I was providing the kit names for each version in the information of the zip file which would make it easier to copy and paste but I don’t think most users are aware (or care) and since the info is already printed within the body of the song’s post on the forum, it leads back to the part about the information being readily available for users to copy and paste as they choose.
Screen Shot 2020-12-14 at 7.40.25 AM

1 Like

Ok. Understood. Thanks!

I didn’t know that the description of the Drum Kits were in the Comments of the Zip file. That’s great. I’m so excited of the download that I do the extraction so quickly, I didn’t notice it before.

I’ve been able to lock the Drum Kit using MIDI CC Commands (116) from the Onsong app to the BeatBuddy. The thing is, that although the publisher of the sng file states the Drum Kit that should be use, I give a try to other kits because sometimes the suggested doesn’t sounds good in my end. So after a couples of tries, I have to go back to the original Drum Kit recommended.

The other thing is that, while programming the Onsong settings, I forgot to open a new song (blank) or a song that doesn’t have the MIDI Commands of Drum Kit and Tempo, and when you are programming the new song it syncs the Drum Kit and Tempo of the last song that you used in Onsong. So I have to go back to the Forum to look for the descriptions of the Drum Kit and Tempo of the version of the sng file that I will finally use.

Thanks again! Keep on rockin’.

I should caveat that by saying I only did so for a very brief period earlier this year but have since discontinued the practice. Guess it becomes some Easter egg hunt :crazy_face:

Rush all day, thanks!

1 Like